My 2022 Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
SandiSAHM

Re: My 2022 Challenge

Post by SandiSAHM »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:07 pm Dinner is going to be homemade pizza using a new gluten free box mix for the crust. I hope it turns out well. Gluten free pizza crust is horrible. The store-bought frozen crusts are like eating cardboard and the frozen pizzas already made with the topping are not much better. Once I bought a gluten free pizza from Dominos and they used the same cardboard crust so why pay extra for a pizzeria pizza? So, the hunt is on to find the best pizza crust that is gluten free.
Bob's Red Mill gluten free pizza crust mix. Amazing. I've had folks eat it ho had no idea it wasn't "regular" pizza crust and just complimented the pizza :lol:

For a while during the pandemic it was hard to find in individual bags so I wound up buying a restaurant sized bulk bag from Webstaurant... just used our own yeast. Good savings over the small bags but it lasted a LONG time, we wound up keeping it in the freezer.

If you haven't yet, don't bother with cauliflower crusts. YUCK!! And a I say that as a vegetarian, LOL, who likes cauliflower.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Beverley wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:23 pm Happy Birthday Janet! It sounds like you are making it a good one.

\Bev
Thanks Bev.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

SandiSAHM wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:11 pm Bob's Red Mill gluten free pizza crust mix. Amazing. I've had folks eat it ho had no idea it wasn't "regular" pizza crust and just complimented the pizza :lol:

For a while during the pandemic it was hard to find in individual bags so I wound up buying a restaurant sized bulk bag from Webstaurant... just used our own yeast. Good savings over the small bags but it lasted a LONG time, we wound up keeping it in the freezer.

If you haven't yet, don't bother with cauliflower crusts. YUCK!! And a I say that as a vegetarian, LOL, who likes cauliflower.
Thanks Sandi. I will look into finding it. I do use some of his other products. My morning oatmeal is from Bob's Redmill. I have a ton of it. I bought some and then my SIL gave me some. Also use some of his gluten free flours.

I have tried various cauliflower crusts from the grocery store. They were yucky but due to the texture. I love cauliflower and can eat a big bowl of it with butter, salt and pepper and call it a meal or a snack... lol.

I used to be vegetarian until my neurologist and nutritionist both insisted, I needed to eat meat due to my ALS. I really do not like meat.
Janet Alliesmama
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I love Bob's Red Mill products. They are not part of my regular purchases due to price but I watch that section of the grocery store - they will sometimes have significant markdowns. I have also seen the occasional coupon for them.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:05 am I love Bob's Red Mill products. They are not part of my regular purchases due to price but I watch that section of the grocery store - they will sometimes have significant markdowns. I have also seen the occasional coupon for them.
I am lucky that some of Bob's Redmill products are sold on discount at Big Lots here in my town. I bought a lot of their oatmeal at Big Lots for $5.00 a bag. Also go to Vitacost online. They have sales with % off and if your buy X amount of their products you get free shipping.
Janet Alliesmama
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Oh I love Big Lots! It is out of the question right now, as the closest one is 20-ish miles away but I love that store! I got 2 area rugs there a few years ago - I don't remember prices but I know I was very happy with what I paid - and the rugs are still in use.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz