No Food Waste

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

Re: No Food Waste

Post by HappyDaze »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:34 pm If it doesn't work in the cup of tea and there are no weight-watchers in the family or at work who would welcome it, then don't feel bad about having to throw it out. Mistakes happen.

Just make sure no animals can get into it if you have to toss it. Artificial sweeteners are deadly to dogs and cats.
I did not know that about the artificial sweeteners, thank you. I like the tea idea - going to try that as well.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I have half a head of green cabbage that needs to get used this week - I will make something with it tonight after work. Any favorite cabbage recipes anyone would like to share?
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I cleared out the leftover cauliflower and broccoli (just a small amount of each) last night. There is enough leftover for me to have for my lunch today.

I also managed to use up the last of the cheese I grated at lunch yesterday. I think I will grate up some more at some point either today or tomorrow.

Since we ended up storm stayed in the capital, there were a few things that had to be tossed. I really was not happy about that.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

The canned pears that I stocked up on from Save A Lot are nothing short of terrible. I found a recipe for muffins using canned pears - so those will be made this weekend. I make muffins out of "whatever" at least twice a month - keeps things from being wasted and they're a filling breakfast or snack. This particular recipe has a cinnamon crumb topping that looks so good - so I'm looking forward to making (my vegan version) of those.

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

The pear muffins far exceeded my expectations - they are amazing!! I got 12 huge muffins out of the recipe and they honestly taste like they came from a bake shop - probably better. So - a save for the 5 remaining cans of pears.

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:39 pm The pear muffins far exceeded my expectations - they are amazing!! I got 12 huge muffins out of the recipe and they honestly taste like they came from a bake shop - probably better. So - a save for the 5 remaining cans of pears.
Great save!!!!
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/