No Food Waste

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Re: No Food Waste

Post by Jackielou »

Used up the leftover tuna casserole for my lunch yesterday. Today I use up the leftover stew for my lunch. I may add the corn to it so that is used up as well.

I will be making a casserole using up a bag of frozen beef for our supper (of course there will be some leftovers from that meal as well but those will be eaten on Thursday).

I used up the last two carrots with our roast on Sunday.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I have done really well with waste management the past couple of weeks. DH asked me to buy him strawberries, sweet peppers, and oranges. He ate none of any of them, so I processed the strawberries and peppers for the freezer and ate the oranges. I ate the last of some canned peaches and the last corn muffin with my lunch today.

When I chopped up the peppers for the freezer, I trimmed out the little slivers around the stem and gave them to the neighbors' duck and hen. The duck didn't quite know what to think, but the hen gobbled them up.
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I just put two servings of leftover lentil soup into the freezer. I love it but ate it 3x this week so saving it for some near future lunches at work.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Just made youngest DS a tinfoil meal of the hamburger casserole. It now resides in the fridge freezer. I hope to use up a few more leftovers in the coming week in the same manner.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I found a slightly wrinkled orange in the fruit drawer of the fridge and peeled it for lunch. It was still sweet and juicy. I have some leftover cherry tomatoes to slice in half and freeze in just a bit. They cook up great in a sauce.

I have been super careful about leftovers and have not had to throw out anything nearly a couple of months until today. I overlooked an open bottle of V-8 juice in the back of the fridge until it had been open far too long.

Today I bought it in the little cans, which is more expensive but not wasteful. I could never remember to pour up a container of it to take with my lunch when it was in the big bottle.
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I diced some Swiss cheese into smallish pieces and put them in a jar. Poured the brine - or whatever you call it - from a jar of marinated artichoke hearts (on sale for $1.59, regular price $2.79) over it. It will be good on a snack board.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz