No Food Waste

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
LWolfT

Re: No Food Waste

Post by LWolfT »

A use-it up dinner tonight. Pulled the meat off the leftover pork ribs and used it in a pork & mushroom dish, which I served with leftover mashed potatoes, rice and veggies.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

All the chili I made last weekend has been eaten for lunches this week or went into the freezer. Some was had over top of mashed potatoes, some was made into chili-mac.

I am taking leftover popcorn to work for my snack today. It is PBJ day for lunch - which is good because I have half a loaf of bread that needs to get used. I already have the peanut butter and jelly at work - easy to grab some bread and take with me.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Sounds a little odd, but it worked out well. Had a bag of Asian salad mix that was made up of various forms of cabbage and a few other things. All those crumbly bits of cabbage accumulated at the bottom of the bag and were kind of awkward to eat as salad.

Since I was making stir fry, I just tossed those crumbly bits into the veggie mix. Couldn't even tell :lol:
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

LWolfT wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:03 am Sounds a little odd, but it worked out well. Had a bag of Asian salad mix that was made up of various forms of cabbage and a few other things. All those crumbly bits of cabbage accumulated at the bottom of the bag and were kind of awkward to eat as salad.

Since I was making stir fry, I just tossed those crumbly bits into the veggie mix. Couldn't even tell :lol:
That is a great use up of every last bit that you paid for!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I really messed up! I packed a container of homemade soup in my lunch tote last night and - instead of putting it into the refrigerator - I put it on the washing machine by the back door. I must have been really tired!

I don't dare to eat it - it has been sitting out all night. Better safe than sorry - but 2 cups of soup overboard - ughhhhhh!!!

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Tomorrow is grocery shopping day but I also need to use up half a head of cabbage and some re-hydrated TVP that I already have. There are multiple possible uses for each of those.

I need to buy ingredients to make saltine cracker toffee for a work event and still stay within budget but I'm in good shape so it should be fine.

Charles M. Schultz