My Challenge For 2023, Frugal Like Never Before

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
MackerelCat

Re: My Challenge For 2023, Frugal Like Never Before

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie, sometimes people just bump heads a wee bit. No one did anything wrong. (((Hugs)))

Making one's own bread is a big savings on groceries. I don't eat a lot of bread, but my guys do. They will eat toast as a snack. The bread machine has already paid for itself.

I think prices here are stable, but not really going down unless one happens to catch a sale. At least this week they don't seem to have jumped up again.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

The last two days have been spent getting a few things done around the house. I am busy cutting scraps into useable squares for quilts. How on earth people can cut those itty bitty postage stamp sized ones is beyond me. I have gotten a handful of those done and my back is killing me.

Eating from the pantry and fridge. Tonight I am trying a new recipe but was missing a few ingredients. In place of orzo pasta I have broken up some spaghetti and instead of cream I will be using evaporated milk.

Used up a package of frozen rhubarb making two loaves. Still have to make that pie. However since the weather pundits are predicting a blizzard starting late tonight I will have lots of time to get that and some cookies made.

Usual frugal things happening here.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

I have been gleaming/cleaning boxes stored in the basement. I just found a bib mad for my daughter 40 years ago by ME! It is quilted and made of one inch squares.

Julie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

jgomez1002 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:44 pm I have been gleaming/cleaning boxes stored in the basement. I just found a bib mad for my daughter 40 years ago by ME! It is quilted and made of one inch squares.

Julie
Ouch, 2" squares are hard enough for me to cut. I can't imagine cutting squares that small.

You found a heirloom.
Jackie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

the smallest I cut my leftover fabric in squares to store is three and a half inches. But I also have a bunch of two and a half strips that I have cut from lengths of fabric as well. Other than that the only time I go smaller is for snowball type block corners, lol
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Quilter51 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:28 pm the smallest I cut my leftover fabric in squares to store is three and a half inches. But I also have a bunch of two and a half strips that I have cut from lengths of fabric as well. Other than that the only time I go smaller is for snowball type block corners, lol
I do the 2 1/2 inch strips as well. I have no idea how people can manage to go smaller. Cut my finger once but no blood this time and managed to miss the fingers numerous other times.
Jackie