FCL’s Alternative Frugality 2023

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

Re: FCL’s Alternative Frugality 2023

Post by HappyDaze »

YES!! You and your mom were both blessed that you were able to be there for her!! I believe whole-heartedly that you can look back on that decision with zero regrets!!

I have concerns about my "plan" (not written in stone - it could change) to "retire" and take social security at 62. I will leave some money on the table doing that and I will have to work part time. However, it still sounds like a good plan to me - I would love to work 20-hours a week or so at a greenhouse or whatever - even one of the dollar stores if I have to. MUCH less stressful than what I do now!!

I feel blessed that "quality of life" does not equal money for me. Yes, a certain amount of money is required - and a little extra helps - but other things are much more important to me.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I agree that quality of life does not mean money as long as you have enough. I have a modest lifestyle (and I like it that way!) and you do, too! (I am thankful, however, that I had the funds to do everything I could for my Pippi.)

Thank you for your friendship, Sheila. (I have a friend who spells her name Shielia so I always have to pause when I write your name.) I admire all that you’ve accomplished since I’ve known you and how you live your life.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

You are most welcome and I appreciate your friendship, and that of so many others here as well! I have one "in person" friend who is very frugal (she makes me look like a spendthrift if that is any indication, lol). Other than that, my encouragement comes from this forum and it has been a blessing!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

HappyDaze wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:34 am I am the person who explains benefits to new hires. When we talk about the retirement plan I tell them "please enroll - please do not leave free money on the table."
I have an extremely limited set of duties relating to onboarding new hires. We have very young shop guys who won't even sign on for health insurance due to the cost. I'm hoping they somehow still have coverage via their parents but neither is a student so I'm not sure how.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

SandiSAHM wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:04 pm I have an extremely limited set of duties relating to onboarding new hires. We have very young shop guys who won't even sign on for health insurance due to the cost. I'm hoping they somehow still have coverage via their parents but neither is a student so I'm not sure how.
We offer a form of a very sizable and attractive "opt out payment" if someone doesn't sign up for one of our medical plans and they provide me with proof of other medial insurance coverage.

Charles M. Schultz