FCL’s Alternative Frugality 2023

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
floridacatlover

Re: FCL’s Alternative Frugality 2023

Post by floridacatlover »

I am giving up on my frugality. Some recent events have made me question my plans and what lies ahead.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:56 am I am giving up on my frugality. Some recent events have made me question my plans and what lies ahead.
There will be other years to give your plans a try.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

In one of the comments on Frugal Queen on YouTube, the person mentioned creating a spending report of her Amazon purchases. I couldn’t see how to do it so I did it by hand by looking at all of my orders for 2022. I ordered 21 times for a total of $520.88.

Four orders were related to health (masks, thermometer, protective sleeve for my mid-line), four orders were things I bought for my trip (handbag, wallet, European plug, dual voltage hair setter) and one was a gift. One was a pair of sneakers. Only one was a puzzle. The rest was a hodgepodge of things I could probably do without but honestly nothing was really frivolous.

Still it was eye opening. In addition to the $520.88, I spent $119 on the membership (will be $139 in 2023). Some, but not a lot, of the spending was from gift cards earned on Bing.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:56 am I am giving up on my frugality. Some recent events have made me question my plans and what lies ahead.
Everything Okay?
floridacatlover

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:36 am Everything Okay?
Frugality is part of me. But I often feel like a frugal failure “comparing” myself to some on the forum. Still I’m now fortunate to be in a good place and have more than enough $$. I’ve found out that life is fragile. So I ask myself why I deny myself spending on small (and larger) things that I enjoy. So instead of hoarding my $$ I’ve decided to lighten up and still be careful with spending but not deny myself.

Thank you for asking, Trees. You are such a thoughtful person.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:43 am Frugality is part of me. But I often feel like a frugal failure “comparing” myself to some on the forum. Still I’m now fortunate to be in a good place and have more than enough $$. I’ve found out that life is fragile. So I ask myself why I deny myself spending on small (and larger) things that I enjoy. So instead of hoarding my $$ I’ve decided to lighten up and still be careful with spending but not deny myself.

Thank you for asking, Trees. You are such a thoughtful person.
I am frugal in ways..not so frugal in others. If I compared myself to everyone on this forum...I would be a complete failure in that department! You are frugal enough. This forum is such a nice place to share ideas. I love hearing how others manage. We all have our own level of what works for us. Life IS fragile. You are certainly responsible with your finances.