2023 Savings Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

Re: 2023 Savings Challenge

Post by HappyDaze »

The kiddos are taking Felix back to the Vet tomorrow so I have signed a blank check for that. My coworker's gift was $17.48. Seems like a lot for what I got - 2 pairs of aloe infused socks, a big candy bar and a Burt's Bees lip balm. I don't mind spending it for someone else but would never go buy that stuff for myself.

I will be able to get through the week without buying groceries, so that's good. There will be some PB&J days for work lunches, which I don't mind at all. I will add a piece of fresh fruit or some canned fruit. I have quite the stash of canned peaches, which are one of my favorites, plus fresh apples and clementines.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

It was $44.40 at the vet for Felix today for a "cat total" of $289.31. He is doing good. They said 5 more days on the eye meds and he will be fine.

They did say he has a "weird heart beat" which could be nothing or it could be something and offered blood work. DD called me. I said NO. He is breathing fine and very active. We will give him the best life possible the way he is and see how it plays out. Why they did not detect or mention the "weird heart beat" last time I do not know.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

So glad to hear Felix's eye is doing so well!

I would not worry about one instance of a weird heartbeat. And from sad experience, I can tell you there is little that can be done for actual cardiac issues in pets.
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I forgot to mention that I made a donation to our local Home Delivered Meals program today. Yes, it is a program that operates through my employer and they do great things on a shoestring budget - a very worthy cause in my opinion - so when they have a fund raiser I participate.

Mackie, I know you are right about the animals and cardiac issues - all the more reason to let nature take its course and give Felix the best life possible. Quality of life is VERY important to me for animals - I will not let them suffer. We will love Felix for whatever time he is with us - which could be a good long time yet - they figure he is about 6 years old.

Charles M. Schultz
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I’m glad that Felix is doing well! I think that $44.40 is not a bad price at all for a vet visit. Periodically one of the vets mentioned a possible heart murmur or irregular heartbeat for Pippi. It never affected her from what I can tell. I just get the feeling that Felix is a tough little guy and will be around for a good long while.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Good news on Felix!!! You guys are the best. I totally agree bout the heart thing.