2023 Savings Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
HappyDaze

Re: 2023 Savings Challenge

Post by HappyDaze »

I am at $198.61 for grocery spending for January. I added another $5 that I gave the kiddos when they picked up some JUNK FOOD for me at Dollar Tree the other night. They didn't want to take it - but I insisted - they are always picking up a little "this or that" for me and it adds up for them.

Plus I picked up some more coffee at Family Dollar and some vegetable oil at Dollar Tree.

I need to decrease this amount for February for sure! I am hoping to get the grocery spending down to $150 for February. I have a lot on hand so I know I can do it with some careful planning. I also need some more staples - like flour - so I need to keep that in mind.

So that is a mini-goal - $150 max grocery spending for February.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

We put a dent in the contents of the little chest freezer in January. It was mostly stuff that had been in there a while and needed to be used, but it sure has helped keep the grocery bill under control.

Our grocery budget for February will be the same as January: $90 or less a week.
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:08 pm We put a dent in the contents of the little chest freezer in January. It was mostly stuff that had been in there a while and needed to be used, but it sure has helped keep the grocery bill under control.

Our grocery budget for February will be the same as January: $90 or less a week.
Mackie, that is a very admirable budget for 3 adults! I am going to have to stick to $75 or less per two weeks. I think I can, I think I can...
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I was proud of myself today. First I moved $93.27 from checking to savings. Then, I resisted the temptation to order Taco Bell for lunch. I stuck with my PBJ and yogurt and popcorn brought from home and was happy to have it.

My medication makes me VERY hungry - and the temptation was there - and Taco Bell is "cheap" (relatively speaking) but I didn't do it!!! Very happy!!

Charles M. Schultz
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Excellent!

I have not been to Taco Bell since mom died but I’ve been tempted. I like the basic crunchy tacos with the Taco Bell sauce. Yum!
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I didn't realize they had so many vegetarian options until DD told me and I wish she hadn't, lol. The kiddos grab me a potato taco every time they go which is about once a month. They are SO good. The price has gone up to $1.59 - I told the kids stop getting me a taco but they don't listen.

Charles M. Schultz