2023 at Sandi's

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
SandiSAHM

Re: 2023 at Sandi's

Post by SandiSAHM »

A week and a half of shingles and I've just about had enough :lol:

Worked through it; not having a distraction would have been terrible. And also a mess, no one picks up my slack when I'm out and the one guy who might... well, it's better he not mess with anything. It's not even engineered incompetence, it's a true belief that he's doing it right and then it takes 4-5 times the effort (usually by 2 people) to go back and 'undo' what he's done.

DH's former employer is in some serious stuff. They're about to lay off half the engineers in a US facility and will likely sell off a product line, which is the pits, because that product line was pretty cutting edge. Someone else will reap the benefits of their research and development. All for the want of good managment. One of their directors I used to work with elsewhere (20+ years ago, my goodness I'm no spring chicken) is out of a job. Another left for an opportunity in another city. They're not even backfilling at the director level :shock:

One of DH's former architects (IT, not buildings) in Europe turned in his notice. The guy has a masters in A.I. from some top British college, they should have known he wouldn't hang around long once the writing was on the wall.

I knew things were bad, but I had not dreamed it was THIS bad. Still a lot of folks we know working there. Hopefully the local plant will remain open, it's been around for 100+ years and the name is synonymous with "philanthropy" in the area - maybe not for long :?

Beautiful sunny day out. Almost all the ice has melted.

Sold an elliptical we no longer used (too much space, the footprint on that thing was 72" long!), $ is going toward groceries. I told DH, we need to find other stuff to sell - clean out the excess and stave off real expenditure, LOL. There's another machine I wouldn't mind getting of here but there isn't much market for old-style NordicTracks anymore. I love the thing but my people would rather treadmill than ski. I listed it a while ago, no takers yet. Oh well, if it goes, it goes, if not, I can still pretend to ski :lol: but not 'til after this stupid nerve party on just one side of my body stops torturing me.

Y'all (as my former MIL used to say "alla youse" - all of you) have a good weekend!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I’m glad that your DH no longer works there but sorry about your friends still at the company. Doesn’t it sound like things went really bad in a short time or maybe the company ignored the problems and they finally caught up to management.

I hope that this coming week your shingles are better than they were this past week! I told the pharmacist today that I was there for my shot because my friend in Oklahoma has shingles!
Last edited by floridacatlover on Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Sandi, I hope you get to feeling all better really soon. Take good care of yourself!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:09 pm I’m glad that your DH no longer works there but sorry about your friends still at the company. Doesn’t it sound like things went really bad in a short time or maybe the company ignored the problems and they finally caught up to management.

I hope that this coming week your shingles are better than they were this past week! I told the pharmacist today that I was there for my shot because my friend in Oklahoma has shingles!
I think 2020 "got" them. They had a reputation, as a family-owned business, of taking care of their people, avoiding layoffs whenever possible, etc., and they were really hurt by the downturn of the economy. Much more so than anyone realized 'til mid last year.

I no longer feel like I'm being electrocuted anytime my right side makes contact with something. This is progress! Makes sleeping a lot easier, too, last night was the first time in 2 weeks I didn't feel like my right size was "buzzing" the whole night.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

HappyDaze wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:12 pm Sandi, I hope you get to feeling all better really soon. Take good care of yourself!
I like your signature quote!
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

SandiSAHM wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:09 pm I like your signature quote!
Thank ya! Some of my favorite people are dogs - and visa versa.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz