Challenge- Use the Pantry and Freezer First!

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
jgomez1002

Re: Challenge- Use the Pantry and Freezer First!

Post by jgomez1002 »

I made a pantry meal today. Easy Coconut Chick Pea Curry. Delicious!I posted the web site for the recipe and others below. I used up 2 cups of chick peas I cooked from scratch, a can of coconut milk, can of diced tomatoes, seasonings I already have, minced ginger from the freezer, and a sweet potato. Served on brown rice.

Great tasting curry recipe that can be made from ingredients in the pantry or on hand.

https://plantbasedandveganism.com/

JGomez
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Thank you for sharing that website, Jgomez. Once in awhile, my daughter, who is neither vegetarian nor vegan, will make me a recipe like your chic pea curry and I see some other good ones I wouldn't be mad about having!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

I just got returned from a weekend of snowmobiling at the family's winter camp. I started a jar of alfalfa sprouts and took boneless beef short ribs out of the freezer along with a bag of sauteed summer squash. A meal for tomorrow...

JGomez
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

I used the last of a bag of frozen Tator Tots for dinner with some Bubba Burgers tonight. Delicious.

Bad, I stocked up on some Chuck roast for $2.77 a lb for the freezer. I bought two...

I need to find something to take out of the freezer to cook for tomorrow.

JGomez
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

I used frozen blueberries in whole wheat banana muffins for breakfast. The bananas needed to be used or thrown.

I defrosted a package of garlic naan bread and use it with leftover pasta sauce to make individual pizzas for lunch.

I defrosted a package of kale and defrosted 6 chicken drumsticks for dinner tonight. I sauteed the kale in olive oil with red pepper flakes and kosher salt. The drumsticks were rubbed with kosher salt, cracked pepper and smoked paprika.. Delicious.

I need to find something in the freezer to cook for tomorrow.
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

I defrosted a steak for lunch today. It was delicious.

I just took a bag of chicken bones out of the freezer and they are now in a crockpot with seasonings, a few carrot chunks and some celery tops. Making stock for soup tomorrow.

I also found a turkey breast in the freezer that was roasted in November and it is now in the fridge defrosting. I roasted a turkey in November after we returned from our trip to Florida last fall. I froze both breasts. I think turkey divan is on the menu later this week. I really need to make a menu plan...