Challenge- Use the Pantry and Freezer First!

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
jgomez1002

Re: Challenge- Use the Pantry and Freezer First!

Post by jgomez1002 »

I made turkey divan and we had it with fresh fettacini noodles. Delicious. (One frozen turkey breast is gone.) I have a bag of frozen bread ends in the freezer. I used some to make the bread crumbs for the top of the trukey divan. I tossed them with a little olive oil and kosher salt before using.

The bag of frozen chicken bones is now a wonderful stock. I will make soup with it for lunch tomorrow. Now, I have to figure out what kind of soup to make.

I used frozen blueberries to make buttermilk blueberry pancakes yesterday.

I don't know what I will use from the freezer next.

~JGomez
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

I used 1.5 ib pork tenderloin from the freezer yesterdy for dinner. Served with sauteed fiddleheads from freezer and baked sweet potaoes. Much of the tenderloin was leftover and will be two more meals for DH and I. (fahita bowls and barbacue pork flatbreads)

I cooked 1 and 1/2 cups of dried black eyed peas from my pantry. Just took a pound of sausage out of the freezer and will make soup for lunch tomorrow with the two items. I'll also add some dehydrated kale to the soup. Use up my pantry...

~JGomez
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

I took a 2.2 lb package of frozen chicken tenders out of the freezer for our weekend snowmobiling. We didn't use it... So DH and I had chicken tenders and oven roasted frys last night, today we had chicken fahitas and refried beans, tomorrow will be a chicken lo mein and veggies.

We had oatmeal with frozen blueberries today...

I am thawing a package of rhubarb and will make rhubaarb crisp tomorrow.

I need to take more out of the freezer tomorrow.
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

I used two frozen sausage patties to make breakfast sandwiches this morning.

I just made a low sugar apple rhubarb crisp. The rhubarb was harvested last spring and came from the freezer. The apples were stored in the crisper from last fall.

We're home for the foreseeable future. No restaraunts for us. I need to use more from the freezers. have a dream of actually emptying one and cleaning it out this spring.
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

I've forgotten to post for a while this week. We have eaten from the freezer. We had burgers and oven fries one evening. THe two frozen Bubba Burgers were from a neighbor. He thought they were too big and gave them to me.

I made soup yesterday. I invented it from frozen leftover pork stirfry and rice, leftover frozen gravy and a bag of frozen mixed veggies that needed to be use.I added a ffrozen jalapeno and a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar. Really good.

We've had bacon and blueberry pancakes. THe blueberries are frozen from my garden and the pound of bacon came from the freezer.

I just thawed a two chicken/spinach/feta burgers I bought on discount. We are having the burgers sliced up on a spinach slad for lunch today.

I am thawing a package of frozen boneless thighs for dinner tonight. Probably baked lemon pepper thighs...

Shaking head... I added 4 pounds of cod to the freeezer, frozen in one pound food saver packages. It was on sale, Wednesday (Lent) for $4.97 a pound. I also bought a pound of scallops and 1.5 pounds of shrip to freezer at the same price. The sale was too good to pass by.

I need to figure out meals for tomorrow and take them out of the freezer. Maybe oven fried fish and chips??? I'll use an older package of fish. :lol:
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

I thawed a 1.8 pound package of frozen cod. We had oven baked fish and chips Monday night and leftovers turned into fish tacos for lunch today.

Frozen blueberries were used with yogurt for breakfast.

I thawed a package of 6 chicken drumsticks for dinner tonight.

I have taken out a one cup package of frozen chopped ham. I;ll make a lentil soup.

I also decided to use a package of frozen boneless chicken thighs to make Italian Chicken Bracciole for dinner tomorrow night. I can use some leftover pasta sauce with angel hair in a side dish for the meal, too.

Regards,
JGomez