Challenge- Use the Pantry and Freezer First!

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
jgomez1002

Re: Challenge- Use the Pantry and Freezer First!

Post by jgomez1002 »

I used a large frozen chuck roast and it was delicious! So many meals. Pt roast with gravy, mashed potatoes and carrots. Shredded beef enchiladas. Grilled roast beef paninis with sauteed onions, pickles, and mustard. Beef, barley, vegetable soup. This roast made a LOT of meals.

I defrosted a pound of bacon. Maybe we will have BLT's for lunch tomorrow.

Regards,
Julie
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

WOW! It as been a while since I've posted. I gave 2 quarts of frozen blueberries to my SIL and I've used another quart making muffins and pancakes. I thawed a frozen beef roast and we had a great pot roast and veggies. I will se the leftover to make shredded beef enchiladas later this week.

I thawed a package of ground beef and we will have stuffed jalapeno popper burgers tomorrow.

I froze three packages of fiddleheads for next winter's meals.
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

I gave two quarts of frozen blueberries to my SIL again. She will make a cake for all at camp this weekend. I still have about 6 quarts frozen and blueberries will be ready to harvest in a month. We had frozen drumsticks last night for dinner and a package of frozen Portuegese pole beans. Great on the grill with onion potato packet. We had burgers last Sunday from the freezer.Tuesday was grilled teriyaki short ribs from the freezer. I am making progress on using up items.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Doing great Julie.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

Thanks. I need to post more often.

We used some frozen blueberries in our yogurt this morning. I pour frozen blueberries in our breakfast bowls the night before and leave them on the counter. The berries thaw over night and I just add yogurt, sweetener and granola in the morning.

I thawed steak tips for dinner today.

I have used up enough of my freezer stash that I can now see more. I found four bags of chopped green bell peppers! I am going to try to not buy any. Cook with the frozen until the peppers in the garden are ready to harvest.
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

I thawed a roast and cooked it in the crockpot with cumin, smoked paprika, chile powder, garlic, salt and pepper. I used about a 1/2 cup of water and cooked the roast until I could shred it. We will be having tacos tomorrow... Quesadillas and burritos are probably on the menu for this coming week. too.

Earlier this week we had frozrn sausage patties in breakfast sandwiches, frozen ground beef and green peppers in American Chop Suey, and blueberries in yogurt.

I and working at creating meals with older items from the freezers and not letting food go to waste. I used my canned stewed tomatoes in the chop suey.