Challenge- Use the Pantry and Freezer First!

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
jgomez1002

Re: Challenge- Use the Pantry and Freezer First!

Post by jgomez1002 »

Yogurt with frozen blueberries and granola for breakfast today. I also thawed four chicken drumsticks for dinner tonight. I used the recipe from Struggle Meals for oven fried chicken. They were very good.

I thawed a corned beef and will make a St. Patrick's corned beef, cabbage, carrots and mashed potatoes tomorrow. DH will love the meal.
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

My last post was last Friday.... I have done more ....

I thawed a package of 5 chicken thighs and we had them for dinner tonight. Yummy rubbed with fresh ground pepper and kosher salt, then baked.
I thawed a pound of bacon to cook tomorrow morning. We are going to have baked potatoes smothered in broccoli, slivered green onions, cheese and crumbled bacon along with a spinach salad for dinner tomorrow night.

Regards,
Julie
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

I used a package of diced ham from the freezer to make corn chowder. We had some for lunch and I just took a container to my neighbor. She sent me home with lasagna and bread sticks. DH wants the lasagna for dinner tonight. Easy cooking...
jgomez1002

Re: Challenge- Use th with a spinach salad for dine Pantry and Freezer First!

Post by jgomez1002 »

I used frozen bacon and broccoli from the freezer for tonight's dimmer. We had baked potatoes with broccoli, cheese bacon and yogurt for dinner tonight.

I need to take something out of the freezer for the next meal I cook. I tend to plan a type of meal, not an item. Like curry, Mexican, stir fry or casserole.
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

Yesterday, I used frozen blueberries in our yogurt and granola for breakfast.

Today, we are having a pork tenderloin from the freezer for dinner tonight. I also thawed a package of frozen green tomato slices. They are an experiment. I LOVE fried green tomatoes. I found a recipe to can green tomatoes and it is very good. The fried green tomatoes from canned are delicious. I decided to freeze a package and see how they are. I've thawed them and they are mushy in the bag, with a lot of water. I'll try them anyway. I'll just cook a pint of canned along with the frozen. Then, we will have a yummy side for dinner, too!
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

I used the last of a bag of frozen chopped green peppers and a few frozen jalapenos in my pasta sauce tonight. It was wonderful!

Julie