Quilter's Money Saving and No Waste Challenge.

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Quilter51

Re: Quilter's Money Saving and No Waste Challenge.

Post by Quilter51 »

This weekend's job was for me to fine tune subscriptions, and I am not sure any will go away now that I have done that. Of what is lefI feel like most of them fall under entertainment, so I am going to make an at home entertainment category and an out of the house one. I'm not sure How I'd designate these or the amounts.

I am subscribed to Hulu live ( i had this under utilities before), prime, netflix, one additonal video streaming channel which changes and the NY times. I have gotten rid of the other papers but I do the NY times crossword every day including weekends. I also have a google drive subscription and a quicken subscription. Unfortunately I think that for now I have lowered this category as low as I can for now.

I cleaned out my fridge, and while it was not as bad as I thought it still was not pretty. My goal for this week is to make a designated leftover spot and consider pulling my produce out of the drawhers and putting it on a container on my fridge shelf. Also, to divide up large meals as soon as they are cooked and get them into the freezer.

I am going off the wagon today in the used spending category. After chatting with my daughter I am ordering a ouple assisted shower tools, a long handled bathtub scrubber to assist in cleaning, and a blood pressure monitor. I guess maybe those all fall under household and medical.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Great idea to make a designated leftover spot. That is what I did in the middle of last month and it seems to be working great.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Welp, I did buy a couple new things. I purchased a blood pressure monitor, a really long bath and shoer brush and a loofah one, and a long handled bathroom cleaning tool. I feel like those all fall under my allowed health and personal products but it was alot at one time. Just something I really needed to do.At least they are done now. Also in my allowed category, batting for my kid donation quilt.

I also pulled out cash for my allowed personal spending (for lunches and such) which is a new thing for me and we will see how it works.

Last of all I pulled old clothes from my closet. Now to decide how I can upcycle and reuse the fabric from those or if they are good enough to be donated on my buy nothing group.

Another day
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

You are making lots of positive changes.

Yes, I would put the BP monitor etc under health. I put the Fitbit I ordered under health.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

So last night I made italian pot roast. Frigheningly easy. Meat, crushed italian tomatoes, and carrots, celery and carrots (I actually got large chopped mirepox mix) and some wine. It was delicious and I will divide it into individual meals for the days I dont want to cook, but I realize I have almost no containers. I don't want to use ziploc bgs and throw them out so I will be keeping my eye for good freezer storage. Pretty sure aldi has a set.

Yesterday I pulled fabrics for all the seasons, and realized that I have a valentine fabrics that include various shades of purpe and I literally have no pretty purples, just the really dark ones (I love purple), so in my thrifting I will see what I can find in the way of men's dress shirts or such in purple to fulfill my needs. If I have to break down atJoannes I will but only as a last resort. I'm making a large square quilt from my table top and not sure what else for Valentines. I decorate for all the seasons.

I had no spending yesterday and did not leave the house. I do need to go out today but just to drop off some bags of donation that I could not find ways to reuse here in the house.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I pulled out all my scraps and fabric to use for my working valentine projects. I will need a backing (I don't have nearly the stash that Jackie does or probably even Maggie does because i downsized everything before the move) and perhaps a border for one item, but with that I will have a quilted table cloth and covers for my side tables as well as ornaments for my tree and napkins. This may seem excessive to some, but I love to decorate for every season and compared to the stuff at Koh'ls my costs are minimal and go from year to year. I already have wall hangings made other years.

I have been eating from stuff on hand and have been doing a much better job of purchasing (I do get salad bowls instead of just the ingredients, I need to figure a use for the bowls). I'll go off that this afternoon, because of my irish music plans, but I''be back on tomorrow (KfC and biscuits and coleslaw are calling me). I also will donae some already make muffins to church coffee hour.

LIke Sheila, I did a double payment (this time on my wireless bill) but I just figure that's money I'll have next month.