November Recycle Use It Up Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
blondeinbuffalo

Re: November Recycle Use It Up Challenge

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

We have lots of leftovers from thursday. so lunch today will be turkey and dressing and some peas. do not need to go shopping today, have plenty of food and fresh produce so we are all set. have most of the pie still so we will have dessert all weekend. I want to try and make a turkey pot pie, so I may need to go out and get some crusts but I have everything else! trying hard to use what I have. started another goodwill/amvets box. using my pantry stashes as much as possible. loaded up on canned goods at save a lot in early September so I am all set for making many different dishes. good in a power outage too or if we get snowed in. lets hope not! cj
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Used up the leftover pasta from yesterdays meal.

Hubby busy using up the leftover ham in sandwiches at lunch.

I also recycled partial balls of yarn. I placed them in bags according to colour and will be taking the bags to the Salvation Army early next week.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Ate the last piece of pie for breakfast. It was a hardship, but I am committed to no waste - HA!
AuntBridget

Post by AuntBridget »

Oh the sacrifices we must make for frugality CG !!! LOL

Today I used up a LOT....

I made another batch of homemade hot chocolate mix. This used up the rest of the dry milk in the container I keep in the fridge.

On the weekends I try to make a big breakfast so that I don't have to make lunch. And more times that not it is a shipwreck. Well I did that today, but did it a bit different. I had some bread dressing left over from our family thanksgiving, and some ham as well....so I fried up the last of a pound of bacon I had in the freezer, cut up a potato, and let that cook for awhile. Then I added the ham and dressing (using up both of those) then added some eggs, and cooked that, and then topped it with the end of a bag of shredded cheese. A tasty, filling breakfast that helped to use up a lot of bits and pieces.

This this afternoon I made some Cherrios bars....basically rice krispy bars, but had some odd and ends Cherrios to be used up...so it is a mix of Honey Nut, Apple Cinnamon and regular. Use up all of those so tossed in a handful of Apple Jacks.

Now if I can just continue on this patch....life will be grand !
Aunt Bridget
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Today we finished l/o turkey, l/o dressing, l/o potatoes and left/over broccoli rice casserole. The only significant leftover is the sweet salad that we are whittling away on - figure it will be good for breakfast. Should be gone tomorrow. Then we can move on to non turkey day foods. Not tired of them though - I loves me some turkey and dressing.