Jingling January No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Re: Jingling January No Spend Challenge

Post by Jackielou »

Time for an update on my spending, or lack thereof.
Spending 0
Allowable 5
No spend 20

I need just two more days to meet my goal. Here is hoping to I exceed it.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I will have 17 days at the end of today. I signed on for 19, so getting close to the goal. Aside from a few groceries, there's nothing I know of that we need between now and the end of the month.
Mackie
rinty

Post by rinty »

Limping to the end of the month !!! I have done really well though, roll on February.
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

If things go as planned I will exceed my goal of 20 days no spend! I have been taking this seriously! today I need to gas up (allowed). I did spend money on a frugal haircut on monday. I was going to try and wait till feb but has a really, really bad hair day on monday and I had to do it. I had a coupon for $2 off so the cost with tip was only $15. I dyed my hair myself on sunday so I am all set for another 5 weeks. I am trying to let my hair grown out a little so it is in a very awkward stage, want to go from short, short hair to hillary clinton length and style. her current hairstyle.

no groceries needed this week. will finish january strong and also am doing the 52 week challenge of saving money each week. first week one dollar, second week add two dollar and so on. at the end of the year I will have over 1300 to spend on the holidays or whatever and it is an easy way to do it. just some fun money! cj
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Blonde, I'm also growing my hair out so that I can keep it trimmed myself. My hair has been in some variation of a pixie cut for 40 years, so this should be interesting! :-D

I will have to buy a little handful of groceries on Thursday -- milk, cheese, some produce -- but if all continues well, I will exceed my goal of 19 days and have 21 no-spend days.
Mackie
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

Seems like I am the only one here who has spent more this month than usual, seems like everyday something else comes up. With vet bills, and car repairs to tune od 900 and another roof leak. If the rest of the months go like this we will be hurting. But as always we will survive, just not like we would like. I hate to owe a credit card, but for the first time in yrs, we are going to break down and put the vet bills on one as we hav decided on the endoscopy for the dog. She is too young to give up on.