Jingling January No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
dlrcpa

Re: Jingling January No Spend Challenge

Post by dlrcpa »

Mackie if you have lost weight that is where your built-in insulation went. Yes you will need warmer clothes.
Generally not spending much, no good grocery sales this week. I am having to spend a lot more on gas with running back and forth to visit DF. At least one tank per week, compared to twice a month usually.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Oh, I wish it was weight loss! I have low thyroid and take medication for it, and low thyroid does make one feel colder. Also, we didn't get a chance to ease into the cold weather. We had a freakishly warm autumn -- it was so hot on Christmas Day that we had the windows open -- and then winter just crashed onto us.

I did use a leftover gift card to order a pair of thermal leggings yesterday. Aside from being long johns, they can be paired with some nightshirts to make warm pajamas, so I'll get enough use out of them to make it worthwhile.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

One would think the practice of not spending would get easier as time goes on. Not really sure if that will ever happen. I really wanted to go shopping yesterday.....Stayed strong though.

Spending 0
Allowable 4
No spend 16
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Minimal spending today - topped off the car gas tank, $3 at CVS, mailed a package $7. The repeated chiropractor visits are the main problem this month. Should not be such as issue in February. I expect a bill from the trash pickup company this month too, that will finish what's left of the budget. :cry:
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Today was the 13th no spend day. I may go out tomorrow to Save-a-lot and get some cheese and milk, both of which we're low on, as we're predicted to have real snow Friday night and Saturday.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

This day is almost done and I feel safe in updating my spending.

Spending 0
Allowable 4
No spend 17

Hopefully continuing with a few more no spend days.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/