Jamming January Use It Up and Recycle Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Jamming January Use It Up and Recycle Challenge

Post by Jackielou »

In going through my fridge and freezers over this past month I have noticed lots and lots of leftovers, items that need to be used, and items that I perhaps recycle into something new and interesting to eat.

This will definitely be a use it all up month for Hubby and I.

Recycling needs to be lifted to a new level as well.

Anyone care to join in?

colonialgirl

Re: Jamming January Use It Up and Recycle Challenge

Post by colonialgirl »

I am so with you Jackie - this is my favorite challenge. I hate waste. And I am loaded down with food. Just have to get it organized and served!!

I got a bunch of lotions for Christmas. It seems every time I get close to getting rid of all of my little bottles of lotion, someone gives me some. I think the stash is endless. Still trying to empty that basket for 2 and 1/2 years!

rinty

Post by rinty »

Jackielou wrote:In going through my fridge and freezers over this past month I have noticed lots and lots of leftovers, items that need to be used, and items that I perhaps recycle into something new and interesting to eat.

Anyone care to join in?

We're committed to only buying veg and dairy this January for just the reasons you say..... we have so much stuff . We enjoy having a full pantry but this is ridiculous. We have enough flour, wheat etc for baking bread etc.

AuntBridget

Post by AuntBridget »

Count me in.

Using up food hasn't been too much of an issue the last couple months. Brother in law will eat anything you put in front of him, as long as he doesn't know it has fish, sour cream, or cream cheese in it. Says he hates fish, but always seems to have 2 or more helpings when I make my tuna noodle casserole. ;)

My January use it up goal is going to be with material. I want to do some sewing projects that have gotten pushed to the side.
1. Sleep pants for hubby and Peter
2. A couple dresses/jumpers for my grandnieces
3. A hat and scarf set for myself.

I also came up with some gift ideas that I want to try my hand at making, recycling some old jeans, and some flour sack towels. If they work out the way I have them pictured, I will have hubby take pictures so that I can share with you all.
Aunt Bridget

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I am in. I am working on reorganizing and decluttering my craft room. I am hoping to loose more weight and have clothes that will fit me when that happens. I also plan on remaking some things in a smaller size rather than getting rid of them.Last year I did some decluttering in my basement when we were planning on moving. I would like to start to do that again in the early spring. While going through my craft room things I have gotten some ideas on what I would like to make with the fabrics for gifts for next Christmas...Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

rinty

Post by rinty »

Jackielou wrote:In going through my fridge and freezers over this past month I have noticed lots and lots of leftovers, items that need to be used, and items that I perhaps recycle into something new and interesting to eat.

Anyone care to join in?

I played Use It UP like a madwoman yesterday trying to make sure nuthin' got wasted of all the remains of the holiday food. Did my best but some guests we had, had just eaten at Pizza Hut before getting here ! Oh, well. So some waste but at least I can say we tried !