Jamming January Use It Up and Recycle Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
blondeinbuffalo

Re: Jamming January Use It Up and Recycle Challenge

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

This morning I ate the last two slices of pizza from the freezer. nice breakfast! I added onions and peppers as it was a cheese only pizza from casears. I used up the last of the bacon grease this morning, I made some fried rice with some leftover ham bits, peas, and two eggs I scrambled.

doing well with avoid waste! drinking more water and much less soda. I am hoping to get off soda altogether by the end of this month. this is worse than getting off cigs for me!

have lots of leftover soup, so I will be serving it with dinner each night till it is gone. cj

colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Used up a green pepper and the rest of a lb of bacon to make German farmer's breakfast for supper. Ate the leftover cheese biscuits with them.

Also finished up a carton of blackberries, the rest of the muffins and a partial pitcher of OJ for breakfast.

Tomorrow's lunch is the leftover pea soup.

blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

I love split pea soup! reminds me I have to make some soon! I always keep a stash of beans, lentils and split peas in my cupboards. I even have bags of dryed cici beans now too for when I want to make hummus.

This morning I am eating the last portion of the chicken parm I made over the weekend. Tonight I will used the fried rice as a side dish for smothered pork chops.

As for recyling, this is a project for the weekend. to declutter my jars, cans, and plastic containers in the basement. I have to figure out what can be recycled and what needs to be set on the curb in a box for someone else to use. I will just toss any stained plastic ware. it is almost impossible to get out spaghetti sauce stains, so I give up. I have converted to purex glass to put my leftovers in. I bought the set two years ago and it is working out well. buying those bins at the dollar store has help me organize my fridge better. I have a bin for snacks, one for fruit, another for veggies and so on. only cost a dollar each so it was a bargain. cj

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

We had some homemade Rice-a-Roni (from the Complete Tightwad Gazette) and leftover steamed spinach from Sunday night's supper. I mixed them together and did a stir-fry with two eggs added. It made two very hearty meals for me.

Food waste has been zero this week. I'm recycling two pairs of DH's slacks that are too casual for work into slacks for DS. They are the same height and weight, but built differently, so I will have to take them up some for DS, but a little work saves a lot of money.
Mackie

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

DH used the leftover ham to make a ham/potato/spinach casserole.
I had the last of the leftover fish tonight for dinner

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Today we used up mushrooms, a small piece of cauliflower, and the leftover roast pork making a stir fry. There is enough for another meal this week.

I used up a skein of embroidery floss.

Used up 4 buttons from one of the button jars.

Used up some black thread sewing on snaps and buttons.