2016 Projects

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
dlrcpa

Re: 2016 Projects

Post by dlrcpa »

Tree was taken down on Monday. The tree guys delivered a load of wood chips Tuesday. So I have to move fire wood and move and spread wood chips. Hours of work ahead but we'll benefit in the long run.

I need to wash windows before Christmas/New Years, at least the ones in the front.
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

I really need to kick this into high gear or I will be very busy in 2017. most of what I said I would do is not done! this weekend I will decorate for the holidays and do some extra deep cleaning, windows, wash the drapes and so on. fun! cj
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good time to look back and see how much progress I made this year. After taking group classes from several dance teachers, I decided on one and I am pleased by my choice. I got Oregon and Washington state off my bucket list (to visit every one of the 48 states). I got flower/herb gardens in the front and started a vegetable garden in the back. That garden and the front landscaping was on my mid year list. I put irrigation in one which proved to be very easy. I didn't get the dirt or gravel though. I figured out how to go after the weeds on the bank sloping down to the lake, got the tool and got it done (well weeds are never really done). I built an outside fireplace and had some fires, even cooked a meal on it once. The carpet to wood vinyl and the remodeling of the bedroom was done by mid summer. Carpet pulled off the porch and most of the exterior of the house has a 2 foot carpet with pavers. So looks like I got most done.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Looking back we did get a few of the projects completed.

The new furnace was installed, and hopefully the venting will be done before the end of the year.

We did dig out the strip of grass beside the front fence to extend our parking.

I completed most of my sewing, cross stitch and knitting projects that were started the previous year.

The garden was put in, and plants started once again.

A few projects will be moved to next year. They probably would have been completed if the disaster had not happened in the basement.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/