Healthy Eating in 2016

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
blondeinbuffalo

Re: Healthy Eating in 2016

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

Great point, if it is not in the home it is less likely you will go out and get some junk! dh is on a diet (again) and if I buy something like cookies or pie, either I eat it or it goes to waste. but, if I buy nothing, then he gets into a mood when he wants something sweet. so, I will find something I can freeze and he can just defrost it, like some cheesecake slices. cj
Lovie

Post by Lovie »

It is just so easy to eat unhealthy stuff and not think about it, if that 's what you are used to eating and it was available to you growing up. I have a friend who never drank pop, she never liked the taste. I am trying not to have soda pop as it makes my feet hurt when i drink it, I've noticed recently. Probably from all that sugar.
blondeinbuffalo

I have been trying really hard to get off soda. I like diet pepsi. I substitute club soda on the rocks with a big splash of ocean spray cranberry and it I have a fresh lime a slice of that too! I like carbonation so this helps. do you like lemonaide. water is too boring for me all the time, I need a nice refreshing drink once in a while. if you diy the lemonaide you can control the sugar. just a suggestion. cj
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I like lemonade, but I cut it with water to make a flavored water with less calories, but a great flavor. It is pretty cheap, less than store bought flavored water.
blondeinbuffalo

That is a good idea and I have a bottle of organic lemon juice. I will make some this weekend in a pitcher so I will have no excuse! cj
blondeinbuffalo

So much for healthy eating. we have a lot of bbq meats leftover so we will be eating those all week! then, restart the healthy diet this coming weekend. I will be enjoying the no cook week.

how is everyone else doing? do you find winter or summer to be more challenging? cj