Healthy Eating in 2016

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
blondeinbuffalo

Re: Healthy Eating in 2016

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

I try to eat three basic meals at about 500 calories each. one is a smoothie, another is a salad with protein and the third meal is protein and two low or lower carb veggies. as long as I put in variety I am fine with this formula. I try to stay about 140 as well. I am 5'7" (I shrunk!) and will be 62 this year so by default I have to battle my weight. on vacation all bets are off and I eat what I want. have fun on your august/sept vacation! cj
Lovie

Post by Lovie »

I am walking a lot more and watching what goes in my mouth. It was a surprise to me, but I lost a few pounds. I try and eat veggies for snacks and have protein with every meal. My problem is that there are treats brought in. I'm okay with not buying any, but it's difficult to stay away from free treats that are yummy. They want me to lose weight, and then they do that? "The scale must be broken, because you don't look loike you lost 10 pounds". Very unencouraging.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

One month into my better eating. And the scale at the gym says I am 148. :o When did I gain 10 pounds. I weighed using their scale in July. Well, just weird, but nothing to do about it. Could it be my thyroid again. Gaining 10 lbs in a month is easy if the thyroid meds are off. Did a lot of treadmill at the gym, but this week focusing on yard work because the severe daytime heat is gone for some reason. Work is still slow though. Reduced food eating. I miss my thyroid.
blondeinbuffalo

good luck on your journey! free treats are difficult to resist. free anything for me! it is always work for me to maintain my weight. never easy. I could never eat anything I wanted to stay slim. health is a priority and it has to be. I have to take care of dh! cj
Lovie

Post by Lovie »

I am trying to watch what I eat, every day is different. I try to get out of the house most days. Since I take the bus, this involves walking. I have to wear my shoes with the orthotics in them, otherwise my foot hurts where I broke it.
blondeinbuffalo

Walking is a great exercise. one of the best for me as it is free and the easiest for me to do. hope all is well! cj