DEBIT CARD VS CREDIT CARD?

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: DEBIT CARD VS CREDIT CARD?

Post by Dgflorida »

I also only use a credit card and I only use one that gives me back. I use it to buy gift cards to stores I shop at because I get a bigger bang for the points with a gift card over cash back. I moved hubs to a give back credit card with a different company, so now we have two. He uses his when buying online. I use mine for everything else. We put all expenses we can on the credit cards. I also made sure that the credit card was not with any other banking institution we use. We believe that is an additional protection against thief and should the card need to be suspended, our other banking functions will not be affected.

We pay it off every month and find it to be a handy way to track costs. Controlling spending for me is just avoiding stores where I might spend foolishly. I get many 10% to 50% off flyers, but they are tossed in the recycle bin if it is from a store on my "no buy store" list. I also do not have a cash card or get cash back. Cash is hard to manage for me. I must go to the bank to get cash and that is more work, a self imposed spending barrier, and so is less likely to happen. Good luck on making a decision regarding credit cards.