awesome april use it up and recyle

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Re: awesome april use it up and recyle

Post by alliesmama4 »

Used the last of the dill weed, the last of a jar of garlic powder, the last of the mayo making Erin's Ranch Dressing mix using buttermilk powder.. Yum! Cooked two chicken wings and will use the meat in my salad today. Put the bones and skin back in the pot and let them simmer for hours to make a rich chicken broth for soup. Used several onions in various cooking things and some frozen celery from the freezer. Also used the last of a sore muscle cream. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Sunday use it ups were the remainder of a bag of brussel sprouts cooked for our dinner.

The 2nd ball of yarn is used up and the third one added. Hoping only half the ball is needed. I would love a pair of socks in this colour.

Still working on sample use it ups, trying to clean out my bath baskets a little bit.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
11cats2beagles

Post by 11cats2beagles »

Yesterday I used up 4 cups of oat ring cereal that nobody likes for breakfast, 1 cup of dried cranberries that were free, and half a bag of chocolate chips to make cookies. I also took a rubber spatula to two "empty" jars of peanut butter, yielding enough to make a sandwich. I did two loads of laundry using the remains of seemingly "empty" bottles of laundry soap - that was purchased combining a sale with coupons. Later today I will be cleaning out the frige and making some buttermilk biscuits so as not to waste the last of a container of buttermilk.
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

Those are great use it ups!

I used my the last of my mixed veggies (I got for free) and added them to some ramen soup with some leftover chicken. very filling breakfast!

I am freezing some spring mix I got buy one get one but we are not eating it so I threw both in the freezer so I can use them for smoothies, I have partial bag of spinach and partial bag of kale in there too. I like to rotate my greens in the smoothies.

I am starting some new spider plants with the babies I have. I will pot them and nuture them and give them away as gifts later on. people love free plants and I enjoy doing this too! cj
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Used up the hamburger patty that was left over as well as the baked beans for my lunch today at work.

Using up a package of frozen leftover pork roast making our supper tonight.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Used up the remaining asparagus at supper tonight.

Used up another bobbin sewing the quilt top.
Jackie