Jaunty June Use It Up Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
AuntBridget

Re: Jaunty June Use It Up Challenge

Post by AuntBridget »

Another soup night....and another opportunity to use some items up....Tonight's soup was seafood chowder....

I used up the last of a red onion that I have been cutting away at for different meals. Also used up a bag of imitation lobster and a bag of shrimp. Then as the base I used up the rest of the mushroom soup mix that I had purchased from the Amish store, a can of cream style corn...and then to give it a bit more of a seafoodish taste, I used up the bottle of cocktail sauce that I had in my fridge. I also added a couple potatoes and carrots to bulk it up some.

Am thinking tomorrow nights supper might just be cheeseburger chowder as I have a couple almost empty bottle of ketchup and mustard in the fridge that I would love to get rinsed out and put into the recycling bin.

The other day when I was inventorying my big freezer I found a container of cherry lime sherbet. I had taken it out of it's original package because it had started to tear. I am thinking that after my walk this evening I will mix that with some Sprite to make a nice little punch to drink.ahhhh !
Aunt Bridget
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Used up the remainders of a few jars of pickles.

Used up a bobbin of thread.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

This month in general was a good use it up month. even combined my fiber mix with my protein mix to make more room in the refrig. I use equal parts in my smoothies so that works and they both were in big containers.

lots of odd and ends. I did what a lot of you do and resuced some toothpaste dh tried to toss. Got another weeks worth of brushing in. It is amazing how much those "empty" tubes have in them when you cut them up!

I am really enjoying that cube freezer. something so small makes a big difference. we always have something good to eat and don't have to go out to shop for anything special. only took one week to fill it up and with the freezer and items purchased it cost a little under $500 total. I am going to get into more freezer meals, diy once we get back from vacation.

this forum has helped me so much to stay on track, your support is so valuable. I really think we should all have a convention! wouldn't it be fun! cj
AuntBridget

Post by AuntBridget »

This month has been amazing for this challenge......Thank you !

Last night I did indeed make my cheeseburger chowder.....With it I was able to clean out a ketchup, mustard and dill pickle relish bottle. I normally cut up some potatoes for it...but last night decided instead to just use up a couple partial bags of tater tots and tater rounds. It actually worked out really well and got those two things out of my freezers.

Oh, also for our road trip I added more to a snack mix that i had made....which used up the last of the Crispix cereal, a can of mixed nuts, and a Cheez It combo mix. The snack mix also had M & M's, raisins and craisins. It was the perfect mix of sweet and salty.

Today for lunch Peter and I had the last little bit of the chicken tortilla soup and then split a grilled cheese sandwich as neither of us was super hungry.
Aunt Bridget