Smashing September Use It Up and Recycle Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Re: Smashing September Use It Up and Recycle Challenge

Post by Jackielou »

Used up the last of a loaf of bread.

Used up an onion, some freshly picked potatoes, a couple of tomatoes, the last of the bacon (more brought up from downstairs), and a couple of small packages of sandwich meat.

I have used up a ball of navy yarn as well as a couple of spools of thread.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Used up the leftover mashed potatoes (Hubby had those), leftover rice (me) and most of the meatloaf at supper tonight.
Jackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Using odds and ends of food. I did cut open a tube of tooth paste and scraped out the remains and put it in a small jar in the bathroom. My deodorant is a solid so I used a nut pick to scrape the remains out in to a small container and I use my fingers to apply it. I always turn my laundry detergent bottles upside down to drain. Then when that is gone I rinse the cap and the bottle under the washing machine when it is filling up to do a small load like my bras or panties..Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Let's see ...

Used a container of frozen pineapple to make muffins.

Used up carrots and potatoes to make stew/soups. (Though I've since replaced the carrots.)

Recycled a nightshirt (pulled it from the garage sale pile) into material for my comforter. There's enough material to make a good dent in the project, and maybe a bit for some other projects. Have also been using up other bits of material for the comforter, too.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Used up the leftover meatloaf for Hubby at lunch.

Used up the remaining pork casserole for my lunch.

Used up a package of frozen leftover chicken, some stock, and leftover veggies making supper tonight.

Used up a bobbin while sewing and almost used up a second one.
Jackie
11cats2beagles

Post by 11cats2beagles »

This evening, while the kids were eating supper (pancakes, eggs, banana & apple slices), I made up 2 dozen more pancakes and put them, 4 to a container, in the freezer so I can just grab them and go for work lunches. I just have to remember to take a bottle of pancake syrup to work and keep it there and I'll be all set for some work lunches without any planning required.

I had the last serving of homemade bean soup for supper and was still hungry so I opened a can of tomato soup and had that.

Today I rinsed out two "empty" laundry soap containers and got enough soap for a couple more loads of laundry. I used another 2 1/2 cups of bulk purchased oatmeal making quick bread that will be after school snacks for the rest of the week, as well as part of my breakfast.

We are almost through a "flat" of 30 medium size eggs that I got on sale for $1.25. They have been used for baking, breakfasts/suppers, egg salad for meals on lazy weekends. I am not a big fan of eggs, largely due to the conditions hens live in, but S.O. has me eating them again (I did not for at least 15 years, probably longer) and I do find them to be extremely convenient.

Since I was baking today anyway, I went through S.O.'s spice/seasoning cupboard and did some consolidating and put some "USE ME FIRST" tags on a couple of things like garlic powder and bay leaves. S.O. is a "spice junkie" and will go buy more before he runs out and have multiple open containers of the same thing --- but not so much anymore...!!!

Edited to add: I just cleaned out another box of stuff belonging to S.O. and came up with 3 more "new to me" exercise DVDs. I will see if they are anything I can use...if not, yard sale items!