Vent Can't he or won't he???

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
icfrugal1

Re: Vent Can't he or won't he???

Post by icfrugal1 »

Sunday, he did clean out the birds nest and wanted all sorts of praise for it !!!! :x

I did not give him praise, I was a tiny bit snaky when he said that he was too tired to do the vacuuming and clean the pool filter, I said that you promised to do them this weekend it's not my fault that you waited until the last minuet. All I got for that was a very dirty look!!!! :o I also asked him why I should have to keep asking him to do things that he promised me that he would do!!!!!!!!

He did not do the vacuuming on Sunday, but did do it on Monday, then the vacume broke, it was over 15 years old and no longer made and the parts are no longer made so we bought a new one on Tues.

Right now (Wednesday ) he is cleaning the pool filter, I am in the backyard helping when called. I DO NOT mind helping!!

IC
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

You know whenever I reflect on my DH not doing stuff, I remind myself if I was SINGLE (for whatever reason) I would be having to do everything myself anyway. Yes my life might be simpler (smaller house & yard) but I would still be doing it all. So whatever DH does or pays for having done is a bonus to me.

Last few nights I have been feeling poorly and purposely did not try to cook or collect the mail or clean up dishes. He was pretty stunned and confused. ;) I did end up going for the mail at 9 pm only because I expected the dog's medication and did not want it to sit in the cold all night.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

dlrcpa wrote:You know whenever I reflect on my DH not doing stuff, I remind myself if I was SINGLE (for whatever reason) I would be having to do everything myself anyway. Yes my life might be simpler (smaller house & yard) but I would still be doing it all. So whatever DH does or pays for having done is a bonus to me.

Last few nights I have been feeling poorly and purposely did not try to cook or collect the mail or clean up dishes. He was pretty stunned and confused. ;) I did end up going for the mail at 9 pm only because I expected the dog's medication and did not want it to sit in the cold all night.

dlrcpa, I really like the way you expressed that reminder. Every little bit of help that anyone gives you is a bonus. I am not being sexist here, but for some reason most women are much better equipped to handle organization and implementation better than our men. They are physically stronger than we are, but when it gets down to the nitty=gritty of things women are stronger emotionally.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I used to be frustrated with hubs for not helping out. But now I realize that the emotion doesn't change anything, but it ruins my day. The other thing that has changed is the realization that he doesn't have much longer and pushing him when he is tired is just reminding him of his poor health. That is not the kind of person I want to be. When I ask myself, is it really that important? I discover that in the view of the whole universe, it isn't.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Since Hubby retired he does a bit more around the house. He has taken over making the bed each morning, and will do more or less what I ask (but I do have to ask). What he does may not be done as well or the way I would do it, but at least it is done and I don't have to do that chore.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

In our household I am the procrastinator.

With pool duties I told dh I will and should I say never will do anything regarding the salt water pool. I did not want him to buy a house with a pool but did he listen, no! now he is complaining about the cost, the labor and just what a pain it is. oh well, not my problem. I held my tongue and did not way I told you so. but I want to! he said he got it for me as he does not swim. the house was a bargain probably because it had a pool and no one wants to deal with one! sorry, got off on my own rant. cj