Projects for 2017

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
dlrcpa

Re: Projects for 2017

Post by dlrcpa »

I have started a yard project - laying 12" concrete pavers around the basement walkout under the deck. We should be able to finish this week. Spent $105 after $10 coupon but still need to buy more pavers (too heavy for the car in 1 trip). Once that is done I will do some landscaping using free plants. Hoping it will look nice.
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Stuff we bought for the project: concrete block pavers, sand, "cushions" that the pavers sit on, lumber to frame the perimeter, 2 black plastic planters, new door mat. Plants are fern and sweet woodruff from other parts of the yard.
patio front small.jpg
mona50

Post by mona50 »

Wow!!! That looks great!!!
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Looks good. Congrats.
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Well I just realized only 4 months left in 2017. So I will be trying to come up with a "short list" of projects to complete by year-end. Then look at the budget of course.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Yep, year is in the last quarter. Project and plans have taken a pause. But, I hope to get back on top again soon. The hurricane changed the order of things a bit. The eye issue also did too. I lost confidence in what I could physical do. Well, trying to get back on that horse. I think the front door will be my top goal for the year. It doesn't seal well and foam didn't work. It just needs to go. Also plan on getting a new front window. I have repaired and oiled it over and over and it just doesn't sit right anymore. Decided on the design. Both projects costs money and will be done by professionals. But it will be nice to have it done.