January No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
littlemiss63

Re: January No Spend Challenge

Post by littlemiss63 »

alliesmama4 wrote:
littlemiss63 wrote:Today was grocery shopping day for me - allowable of course and I had let my car get really low on gas as I knew I was going to have a nice amount off after today's shopping trip. $.90 a gallon off. I was thrilled, Kroger offered 2x points if you downloaded a coupon onto your loyalty card on any purchases through the 18th, then they had given me an additional 300 points coupon on a $40.00 purchase last week at the checkout. I still had points from Christmas shopping, so I'm a happy girl. Filled my car up for $18.00. That should do me for at least a month running around town.

I didn't do a daily check-in as I am tuckered out, so my record so far is:

2 Spend days
3 Allowable Days
13 No Spends
Littlemiss sounds like you did great with all of your extra points. I wish we had some kind of program like you have in your area.. We do not have locality cards here..Janet Alliesmama
Janet, I love our Kroger Store. About every 6 months they send out great coupons on stuff that you have actually purchased in the past. I'm sure with the card they have a program that tells them exactly what each person is purchasing when you use their loyalty card. I think it's an excellent marketing tool myself and with the points you earn with grocery having that go to cents off gas hits the spot. So convenient because the service station is right there by the grocery store. Just before Christmas they sent me two $10.00 off on a $40.00 purchase. They had never done that before and it was certainly a nice perk during holiday shopping.

I wish they had one in your area. I think of you often and hope you are doing well.
AuntBridget

Post by AuntBridget »

Yesterday was a spend day.

I bought a soda at work. That is something I have not done in a long time. I needed the caffeine
Then after work, I had to pick up Peter's RX.
And then when hubby and I picked up Peter from his group we stopped at Walmart to pick up a few items. One being a new pair of jeans for Peter. The pair he had worn to school had a big hole in the knee ( I know it is fashionable....but I think it makes us look poor) and he only had two other pairs.

Today was much better, and since it is 7:30 and I am in my jammies, it is safe to call this a no spend day.

So 10-9=1..... I have only one more day to reach my goal for the month of January.
Hope to accomplish that this weekend. :-)
Aunt Bridget
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

No spend for me today. My total for the month:

2 Spend days
3 Allowable Days
15 No Spends

I don't plan on going anywhere Saturday and Sunday I will eat out with my church friends. But we are going to Outback and I have a gift card bought from my entertainment budget funds so that will be an allowable day.

I think we are all doing good this month.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote:
alliesmama4 wrote:
littlemiss63 wrote:Today was grocery shopping day for me - allowable of course and I had let my car get really low on gas as I knew I was going to have a nice amount off after today's shopping trip. $.90 a gallon off. I was thrilled, Kroger offered 2x points if you downloaded a coupon onto your loyalty card on any purchases through the 18th, then they had given me an additional 300 points coupon on a $40.00 purchase last week at the checkout. I still had points from Christmas shopping, so I'm a happy girl. Filled my car up for $18.00. That should do me for at least a month running around town.

I didn't do a daily check-in as I am tuckered out, so my record so far is:

2 Spend days
3 Allowable Days
13 No Spends
Littlemiss sounds like you did great with all of your extra points. I wish we had some kind of program like you have in your area.. We do not have locality cards here..Janet Alliesmama
Janet, I love our Kroger Store. About every 6 months they send out great coupons on stuff that you have actually purchased in the past. I'm sure with the card they have a program that tells them exactly what each person is purchasing when you use their loyalty card. I think it's an excellent marketing tool myself and with the points you earn with grocery having that go to cents off gas hits the spot. So convenient because the service station is right there by the grocery store. Just before Christmas they sent me two $10.00 off on a $40.00 purchase. They had never done that before and it was certainly a nice perk during holiday shopping.

I wish they had one in your area. I think of you often and hope you are doing well.

Years ago we had a Kroger store in our area but they pulled out. In the last year or so they have started a discount store caller Ruler. It is sort of like Aldi's. not sure if you have an Aldi's in your area. It does have some good prices on some things and offers regular foods as well as some gluten free and organic. They sell some Kroger products and national brands as well. However they do not offer a loyalty card or have a gas station.

Thanks for thinking of me.. I wonder about how you are doing especially when there was period of time, I think, I did not see you posting. I do not read every day so I might have missed your posting. I have had a rough year with finical things and everything breaking down or going wrong. However 2017 is starting off on a good note and I am claiming it..Wishing you a very good 2017 too . Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

We do have an Aldi's, but it is quite a distance from me and I don't go there like I use to when DH was alive.

I had a spell there, when I was just depressed and didn't do much of anything. BF and I were having issues and we have finally broken up, but I still love him. It's just a mess and I'm having a real hard time getting over him. He doesn't help for he still calls me and when I hear his voice I'm right back where I started from, all to pieces, yet I can't bring myself to not answer the phone when I see it's him.

He is a great guy except for his drinking and he's recently gone through 90 days of rehab and says he's a new man, but I can't convince myself to totally believe him. We live about 200 miles apart, so it's hard to know what he's doing when I'm not with him. I pray about it a lot, but I don't want to make a mistake and wind up in a divorce at my age either.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote:We do have an Aldi's, but it is quite a distance from me and I don't go there like I use to when DH was alive.

I had a spell there, when I was just depressed and didn't do much of anything. BF and I were having issues and we have finally broken up, but I still love him. It's just a mess and I'm having a real hard time getting over him. He doesn't help for he still calls me and when I hear his voice I'm right back where I started from, all to pieces, yet I can't bring myself to not answer the phone when I see it's him.

He is a great guy except for his drinking and he's recently gone through 90 days of rehab and says he's a new man, but I can't convince myself to totally believe him. We live about 200 miles apart, so it's hard to know what he's doing when I'm not with him. I pray about it a lot, but I don't want to make a mistake and wind up in a divorce at my age either.
Little Miss I know you had a wonderful, long term, and loving relationship with your husband. It is so hard to find that now a days. I turned down two wonderful men in the past 17 years. Then I married my husband thinking he was wonderful but he lied about everything. The person I fell in love with was not the man I married. I mean on the day of our wedding I was too naive to see the mask was coming off of who he really was. One of the men I turned down is doing so many wonderful things with his life and I would be proud to be his wife even now but I am afraid out of fear I burned that bridge. It is not the money he is making although that is nice..It is what he is doing with and for others to make their lives better. The other man is still a friend.. After a few years of me turning him down we still remained friends.He eventually got married and his wife told me it was ok to still be friends. We were on the telephone and in e-mails but no seeing each other in person. Not constantly but we did touch base. He is the one that told me to.." stop hiding. Put yourself out there to find someone that will love and adore you like I do. " So I did but then as I said as soon as I got married the mask was off with the man I finally trusted. I know people can say a lot of things but you have to have your radar up..Just going through a 90 program does not show what it will be like in the future. Be careful and cautious. Good luck.. and trust God to bring the right situation in to your life.
Love Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama