January No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
AuntBridget

Re: January No Spend Challenge

Post by AuntBridget »

Still holding at 12 no spend days for January.

Today my only planned spending will be the collection basket at church. I saw someone post that they give once a month....and I am thinking I might start doing that as well. Perhaps it will remind me to also take items for the food pantry as well.

Yesterday was a spend day.....Got groceries, including a lot of fresh produce so other than perhaps a loaf of bread I should be able to stay out of the stores until the end of the month.

We do have another planned spend day on Tuesday. Peter has a ski trip with school so we plan to go out that evening, as we don't know if he will be supper hungry (we will go to a pizza buffet, or more tired than hungry in which we will go to a locally owned place that specializes in hot dogs.
Aunt Bridget
AuntBridget

Post by AuntBridget »

Wondering if I could call today an unspend day...LOL

Yesterday I had purchased a blue bra because I wanted something to wear with a new outfit and not have to worry about my usual white bra straps showing all the time. Well, I purchased it, and it was a 2XL and according to their little chart of the back, it should have fit me. Brought it home, and nope....The ladies couldn't breathe...LOL

So today I took it back and since I knew it was the largest size that they had I just got a refund. So that was money back into my hand. I like those kinds of days
Aunt Bridget
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Allowable Spend Days: 8

Spend Days: 0

No Spend Days: 21

Since we did not do the stock up trip (next weekend is in the plans) I have now made my goal for the month.

Two days left and I am hoping that those will be no spend as well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

gaylejackson2 wrote:It's hubby's birthday and he wants me to go buy him a carrot raisin cake, but.... I don't want to go anywhere, and I have carrots, raisins and enough GF baking mix to make him a cake.

So...
Spend days: 1
Allowable Spend days: 10
No-spend days (want 15): 14

Tomorrow & Saturday were supposed to be no-spend days, but we may be going to SLC on Friday afternoon to spend the night so we can watch ds14 at the state wrestling tournaments on Saturday. We'd have to eat out (though dh tends to take care of that), but if we're going to be in the city, then I WILL buy GF Flour, as there's no reason to make another trip back there in 1-2 weeks.
So tomorrow we'd be celebrating dd3's (aka Baby E) 4th birthday, and I did promise to buy her purple frosting for her cake & balloons, both of which I can swing in my last $12 of this week's grocery budget (so I can save $10 for my Italy trip next spring).
Oh my!! I've spent every day since Thursday. :( Thursday for Balloons, purple frosting for dd4's cake, and ?

So...
Allowable Spend days: 11

Friday I bought cough drops & gas.

So...
Allowable Spend days: 12

Saturday I bought tickets to ds14' s wrestling, snacks, and GF flours (which I'd planned to spend around $300, but it was only $228!!), then dinner for my family later that evening.

So...
Allowable Spend days: 13

Sunday was a scheduled no-spend day, and I ordinarily DO NOT spend on Sundays, BUT dd4 was running a high fever of the kind that I usually have to give both Children's Tylenol & Children's Ibuprofen to bring it down, and I did not have an extra bottle of Tylenol in my stash... so I spent for the health & wellness of my child.

So...
Spend days: 2
Allowable Spend days: 13

Today, Monday, I think I will go do my monthly stock-up shopping trip (where I have 4 sick kids at home, including ds12 who can be my babysitter so I can go out alone), then I will plan to NOT SHOP until Friday or Saturday especially if I buy extra milk. That way tomorrow will give me my last no-spend day of the month.

So...
Spend days: 2
Allowable Spend days: 14
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

littlemiss63 wrote:Gayle, I have no idea of how you do all you do for your family.
:lol: I have no idea either, how I do it all, I just keep on trying.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

gaylejackson2 wrote:
littlemiss63 wrote:Gayle, I have no idea of how you do all you do for your family.
:lol: I have no idea either, how I do it all, I just keep on trying.

Well, I think you do an excellent job. :P