April No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

April No Spend Challenge

Post by Jackielou »

As there are fewer days this month, and a holiday as well I am going to try for at least 21 no spend days.

Does anyone care to join in?
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Re: April No Spend Challenge

Post by alliesmama4 »

I am not going to declare days but declare nothing to be spent on anything not in the budget. Also want to try to not spend anything until April 15 for food. Will use what I have in the house except for fresh dairy. I have a lot of frozen veggies that need to be used up as well as salmon, chicken, and beef. I want to use those things up in my fridge freezer. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

I have a lot of no spend days, just spend a lot in one day. As we try to combine all shopping in one or 2 days. Doesn't mean we spend any less, just as I told dh Friday, we may go out much, but we knew how o spend. This time it included a vet bill of 275. All necessary, but hate to spend.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

I am going to use Janet's method this month of just staying within my budget. If I get behind I have to figure out if I went anywhere to spend money and that is more keeping up with something than I care to do.

I paid my tithe for the month yesterday so that is a budgeted item that is done for the month. With our weather warming up like it did my utility bills came in under budget for last month by $150.00 so that will go into savings. I was even under budget on Car gasoline because of the lower price I paid for gasoline by using my Kroger points. All in all a very good month.

I have leftovers for at least a week of meals for myself from my company. I went through after they left and froze the leftovers. I have two hamburger patties,(already cooked) two servings of spaghetti sauce, 1 serving of meatloaf and a couple servings of potato soup. I purchased a gallon of milk and they don't drink much milk so I froze several containers of milk so it wouldn't spoil. I thought with teenage boys they would, but they are more into juices and they brought their own. I don't drink a lot of milk myself.

I also had an extra jar of salsa and nacho cheese so plenty of snacks. I will not be going to the grocery store this week, eventho I only have three apples, but plenty of canned fruit and frozen fruit for smoothies. I was very happy with the amount I spent for them and what I had left over.

So shooting for another stay within the budget month.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Spend Days:

Allowable Spend Days: 1

No Spend Days: 2

We are almost always at budget or under budget. Very rarely are we over budget. Having no spend days keeps me home and does help me stay within budget numbers on the things I can control.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

I haven't been inside a store so far this month. Feels good.

All categories in my budget are way below actual monies spent, so if I don't have an emergency this month I should be able to transfer a nice amount to savings. With deductions I didn't even owe any extra income tax this year, so I went ahead and filed my income tax return before April 15th. I had budgeted a $1,000 extra this month for taxes and I know I will have at least that amount.

I have a gift card from Lowes for a $100.00 from one of my kids that I haven't spent yet and I plan on buying some paint to do my bedroom woodwork this month. Thought about going after I got finished with my monthly card game, but I decided to wait until tomorrow since I've got some errands to run anyway. Not anything that would spend money, but dropping off and picking up stuff.