DeCluttering

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
MackerelCat

Re: DeCluttering

Post by MackerelCat » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:45 pm

Yesterday I re-organized two bins of odds and ends we keep in the laundry room cupboards. One is "fix-its," and contains small items to repair things, and the other is "fasteners," which holds Velcro, glue, tape, tacks, string, etc. Also tidied up the linen closet in DS's bathroom. It was decluttered in the spring, but periodically needs to be reorganized.
Last edited by MackerelCat on Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mackie

lennon05

Post by lennon05 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:54 pm

My husband replaced the shower curtains yesterday. That freed up a little space in the linen closet, so I quickly washed a couple of throws and put them in the closet. I picked up a pair of shoes for the toddler at the thrift store that I washed, so I will take them to my son's house tonight to get them out of the laundry room.

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:53 pm

Yesterday I took the outdoor umbrellas into the garage, and I cleared out 2 small boxes, yeah for me, bite by bite. :D

IC

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:32 pm

Got rid of a bunch of socks I no longer wear. My sock drawer is now 1/4 full.

Got rid of all stretch tank tops and shorts I did not wear at all this summer.

When I say "got rid" - I just took them out of drawers and placed them in bags. I let my sisters have first pick and then donate what is left.

BevMoore

Post by BevMoore » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:52 pm

I am on a roll. I have decluttered lots of toiletry samples, sheets, towels, canned food, plastic bags, pet supplies to help the fire victims. A lot came from my mom's house when we moved her up here. I had it stored just in case she asked about things. After 6 years it's time to get them out the door for others to use. I have more to do. After I have donated all I can for that cause then I will focus on items for the TOPS yard sale we are having at a local church. I will need to gather those up and price, also label the things I want back if they don't sell.

At the end of it all I hope to have a lot more empty space so I can be better organized and be able to find things. So far nothing has gone to waste and I am so happy about that!
Bev

lennon05

Post by lennon05 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:56 pm

I also gathered up some sample hbas to give to my coupon buddy. She will pick them up next week. I went through my grandson's clothes at my son's house. I have two grocery bags ready for one of his friends to pick up soon. I will take a fall candle that I purchased last year to the thrift store where I volunteer. We have been burning fall scented candles for the last several days.