DeCluttering

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Lovie

Re: DeCluttering

Post by Lovie »

I let go two big bags of fabric and a bag of reusable shopping bags. Working on clothes as I recently went through my closet and suddenly had 1-2 more loads of laundry. Gave away one top and three t shirts. I know someone who will take my stuff and if I can't coordinate with them, i'll donate to my favorite charity thrift shop. This was just before a major clean, and the floor is dusty again (either didn't clean well enough, or the dust bunnies are letting their little ones out from under the bed and furniture.) lol I plan to downsize my wardrobe as I always have at least 3 loads per week (sometimes not including towels/sheets). I have learned to combine tshirts, socks, and underwear if they are not too much of a load combined.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

This month another 28 items left my house. This brings the yearly total to 627. Not quite where I want to be. Mind you this is not including fabric use up or yarn stash use up. Those are coming along nicely and hopefully I will keep right on using those up. Edited to fix total number of items....hit wrong button when I first posted.

Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I like the idea of counting the items that you declutter. Makes it feel like you are making progress. Have to start doing that. Thanks Jackielou

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I have kept track of the numbers of items leaving my house since I took part in a challenge 3 years ago to rid my home of 1000 items. So far over the three year span I have only met and exceeded that goal of 1000 items once. I am hoping to step it up now and rid myself of at least the 1000 items this year.

The total number of items removed from my home over the length of Project Declutter is 2,784. I will continue this until I have my home simplified the way I want it.

RecoveringDreamer

Post by RecoveringDreamer »

I started a box of household items I don't need. I'm going to offer them to my sisters before I donate them. One just moved into her first house with her hubby and the other is soon-to-be-engaged and they are house hunting.
A Life Beyond Money
Self Sufficiency. Simple Living. Frugality.

www.alifebeyondmoney.blogspot.com

dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

I scheduled a pickup in 12 days and have several large boxed items to donate. Need to go thru clothing and find some more things to put out.