DeCluttering

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
icfrugal1

Re: DeCluttering

Post by icfrugal1 »

I put about 5 or 6 bags out for the pick up today, we have trucks that pick up things for charities ever once in a while I hope that they are picked up, so now I need to go though more stuff for the next pick up, but a bag out is a bag out. :roll:

IC
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I cleaned and organized the baking cupboard today and then did the same for the pantry. Decluttered the last of our original Rubbermaid containers, which are 30 years old, scratched up, and have cracks in the edge of the lids. I've been slowly replacing the worn-out stuff since early in the spring and finally have all that we need.

I am giving some thought to getting rid of a set of blue Fiestaware that we no longer use. DH likes it, but the plates are really heavy and barely fit in the kitchen cupboards. The set of smaller Buffalo china that I bought at the Salvation Army works a lot better for us.

The only food product I threw out in today's decluttering was a packet of microwave kettle corn popcorn that turned out to have some kind of weird artificial sweetener in it.
Mackie
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

MackerelCat says

""I am giving some thought to getting rid of a set of blue Fiestaware that we no longer use. DH likes it, but the plates are really heavy and barely fit in the kitchen cupboards. The set of smaller Buffalo china that I bought at the Salvation Army works a lot better for us."""

Not decluttering, but I love using the dishes that I got when my mother died, no point in keeping them for "good" so years ago I did get rid of dishes that I didn't like as much.

I guess that I am learning that it's getting the stuff that I like where I can use it.

IC
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

icfrugal1 wrote:I guess that I am learning that it's getting the stuff that I like where I can use it.
Me too. I hung up a few long-sleeved shirts today in my closet and got rid of three short-sleeved ones that did not fit right. I would occasionally wear them, but was always having to tug at the neckline or pull down the tails. They weren't worth the trouble.
Mackie
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

I just pulled out all my fall and winter clothing. really do not need to buy anything just yet. maybe catch a sale on sweaters in january at the thrift stores! I do have some blouses that just do not fit right, button is not laying flat and I always have to pin them so out they go into the amvets box! one purple, one green, one creme and one blue. I usually buy multiples of a style I like! does anyone else do this, find something you like in clothing and buy 3 or 4 different colors? cj
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

blondeinbuffalo wrote: I usually buy multiples of a style I like! does anyone else do this, find something you like in clothing and buy 3 or 4 different colors?
I do this all the time because I'm not an easy fit and hate to shop. Once I find a brand and style that works, I buy several colors in it.

Decluttering is continuing at our house. I'm about to persuade DH to go through his dresser.
Mackie