DeCluttering

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
lennon05

Re: DeCluttering

Post by lennon05 »

I took a booster seat that was in my storage room to the thrift shop today. I am continuing to help my son too. I took 7 pairs of jeans to the neighbor's house. I also gathered a bag of clothes that I will take to the thrift shop later. I dropped the baby's swing off at the thrift shop too, since he has outgrown it.
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

It feels so good to declutter. I feel more organized when I do and if someone opens up a closet or any door in our home I will not be embarrassed! even our home office upstairs looks good. every room still needs painting and new rugs or flooring but I have to work with what I have right now and just keep it clean and organized. 2016 we will paint and replace all the rugs and flooring. cj
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

It only took me six days of tripping over the file boxes to finally get our family photos culled out and organized this evening. It did take me about four hours, but I've been putting it off forever and it feels like a weight has lifted. Now the photos are all in two filing boxes in the den closet. DH and I also reorganized the closet while we were at it.
Mackie
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Well Mackie said this was motivational - so as I progress on my personal quest I thought I would share. Like I have said many times - I am great on planning and poor on follow through.

So starting with today. I am straightening going to start redoing and reorganizing my refrigerator. So that is my task today. I will report back.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

You go girl! You'll be amazed how fast it goes once you get the decluttering bug.
Mackie
lennon05

Post by lennon05 »

I gave my niece two cans of shaving cream, 6 rolls of toilet paper, a box of Ritz crackers and a jug of laundry detergent out of my stockpile. I also have continued helping at my son's house. I sorted through some more of the baby's outgrown clothes and have a bag ready for the thrift store. He is also donating a baby play mat. He tossed several things that did not look nice enough to donate. Getting rid of that much stuff has made a noticeable difference at his house. I just wish my dh would get rid of some of his stuff.