May No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

May No Spend Challenge

Post by Jackielou »

A bit late getting this started.

I want to try for at least 15 no spend days this month (it is plant/yard month so things could be a bit tight).

Anyone care to join in?
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: May No Spend Challenge

Post by Jackielou »

Spend:

Allowable Spend:

No Spend: 1

First day of the month was a no spend, lets hope I can get a few more.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I am in.. Budget only spending and hopefully will even cut some money on what is in the budget..Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

May 1 and May 2 no spend.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

I am in, budget spending only.

Started off yesterday with a trip to Lowes, spent $84.00. That included paint for painting the woodwork in the house, a drill bit for ceramic tile and a new paint brush. I had purchased new vent covers a while back and the screw hole didn't match up to the old ones. I've only had one screw holding it in place. Only spent $16.00 actual money, as the balance was on a Lowe's gift card one of my kids gave me for Christmas.

I spent $5.34 for gasoline for my riding lawn mower, but that is in my budget. I should be able to pick up great savings between actual and budgeted on my lawn. I had planned at the beginning of the season to pay someone to do my yard this season, but changed my mind. That will cut my yard twice and it would cost me $150.00 for 2 times, if I had a landscaper do it. I have the $75.00 a week figured into my budget.

All bills are paid for the month and as I posted earlier, I did really well on non-spending last month.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

No spend day..I saved money on my electric bill by building a fire in my fireplace this afternoon and evening.. It is 42 outside with a windchill of 38! With a cold steady rain all day long.. I decided to build a fire instead of using the furnace.. It was 67 inside and now 70 and very comfortable..A couple more logs and it should remain comfortable until bedtime.. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama