May Use It Up/Recycle Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Re: May Use It Up/Recycle Challenge

Post by alliesmama4 »

2dogs+someCats wrote:
littlemiss63 wrote:I guess there is probably something I could give away if I looked hard enough, but really I have reached my heart's desire for decluttering at this time. I would have to look for things and I am not ready to do that yet. I love the things I haven't given away yet and they bring me joy.

I did use some empty toilet paper rolls to wind my leftover yarn from my dishcloth project. I have white, yellow and a cream/variegated colors. I finished the white dishcloth for my DD and made her a little pot scrubber to go with it. It's so cute until I'm going to make a creamy/variegated one also. When I get ready for more dishcloths I will buy me some more yarn to add with it. I kept the lot numbers so I could match it up.

I'm not going to start another project until I finish the Roman Shade for my eating area of the kitchen. I have got a mind block on that thing and I want it so bad.

I used all my cocoa to make some chocolate pudding.

I used the last of my onion powder and have added it to my list. I'm going to try to wait until I go to the Amish store in Kentucky to replenish my supply. I can get a large container for a couple of $'s and I use a lot of onion powder in stuff. I make my own onion dip using it and dried minced onions so I can control the sodium.

Did use the last of my frozen strawberries in my smoothie today.
Littlemiss, that is so funny, I was jut thinking last night that I need to put onion powder on my shopping list. Sadly, I have used up the last of my empty boxes packing up stuff that S.O. and his children will be taking with them when they MOVE OUT - so I am off to obtain more boxes. Yippppeeeeeeee!!!

The decluttering and packing feels wonderful today!
Sheila you go girl! I know how it feels to move on and it is liberating.. Painful at first but then the reality afterwards is so much better..

Sorry about your pink eye. Hope it is better soon. ((hug)) Love from your friend Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Well a few use it ups have occurred since the challenge started.

I have used up a couple of balls of yarn knitting my shawl.

The coleslaw was all eaten.

Hubby finished off some packages of bits and bobs in the fridge making his sandwiches.

I used up the soup for my lunches.

Used up some buttons and the little bit of thread on a bobbin sewing some new buttons on one of Hubby's shirts.

Finished the leftover spaghetti and meat sauce.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Let's see ..

The water used for cooking corn on the cob went to water some plants.

One I didn't have a chance to post: Took the leftover pork chops and warmed them up in a sauce that also used up half an onion, half a fresh tomato and half a can of black beans. Cleaned out the fridge quite nicely, LOL!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Made a quiche using the odds and ends of varies cheeses in the fridge, 4 eggs and the last of the evaporated milk in the fridge. Also the fresh onion that was in the fridge. Used a half bag of of frozen broccoli in the quiche and will the use other half for my meal on Wed. While rooting through the freezer found a small container of cooked mushrooms so it was added to the quiche.

Thawed out some cooked ground beef and some cooked rice.. will make them in to enchiladas with some corn tortillas from the fridge. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

I used up the last of my stash of peanut butter that I keep at work and the last of a box of shredded wheat cereal here at home. I used up the last of a can of coffee and the last of a bottle of laundry soap - rinsed out that bottle good to do the last load.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Getting back in the swing after these last several weeks with hubs in the hospital and all that went with it.

Recycled a free 5 gallon container into a worm tower for the garden. The worm tower takes my veggie and fruit scrapes along with used coffee grounds and egg shells and recycles it into garden soil thanks to the worms. The ibis or the squirrels were digging up my butterfly milkweed sprouts. I took the fallen branches of my neighbor's monkey puzzle tree and formed a barrier over the sprouts. Success. The prickly branches stopped them. I got 5 little red cedar trees free for Earth Day. I replanted them into pots until I have a place ready to plant them. I recycled my used coffee grounds to the garden and the filters to wiping grease off plates or when damp, wiping up dust. I used the faucet drip water to wash out cans for recycling, cat dishes and for mopping the floor. That's it for the moment.