October No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

October No Spend Challenge

Post by Jackielou »

I really have to tighten the frugal belt in October as we seemed to go well over budget this month.

I am going to try for at least 20 no spend days this month (hoping for more though). Who is with me?

Jackie
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Re: October No Spend Challenge

Post by MackerelCat »

I'm in! We spent a LOT on the pets this month, so I'm aiming for something really ambitious:

1. Twenty-two no spend days.
2. Aside from food and any medical needs, be they human, canine or feline, I am not spending any money this month.
3. To prevent any online temptations, I have removed my credit card from several sites where I shop regularly.

Wish me luck! :-)
Mackie
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Definitely with you on sticking to the lowest budget I can manage. I think I will keep $150 grocery budget again this month. I managed close to this for Aug-Sept due to getting lots of garden produce and using the packed freezer. Need to make freezer space for turkey in November! Wish I could get another ham on sale.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I'm in this month. I've been spending too much lately.

I'm going to try for 15 no-spend days. Unfortunately today has already been a spend day but I'm planning tomorrow as a no spend.

I'm going to try to limit myself to regular bills, Rx and having my brake fluid changed. I still have a Redbox giftcard with about $8 so I'm not going to count that as spending when I rent movies. I only have a few cents left on my Starbucks giftcard, but my Starbucks friend is leaving tomorrow for two weeks so I think I'll have time to earn another $5 Starbucks card by then.

So far: 1 Spend
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Today was a no-spend day. I spent a good half of the day in the kitchen making bread, cookies, muffins, chili, soup, hot chocolate mix and homemade cinnamon-raisin oatmeal mix. It was a chilly, rainy day today, so it was nice to have the kitchen window open and cook up a storm.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

So today was not a no spend day, but I must say it was a very minimal spend day. Hope to finish the week and the weekend no spend .

Jackie
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/