October No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Re: October No Spend Challenge

Post by Jackielou »

Monday is pretty much over and I can safely say that today has been a no spend day. This makes it 15 no spend days so far this month.

Jackie
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I have 15 also, Jackie. I have one planned spending day scheduled between now and the end of the month, and hope no unplanned stuff comes my way.
Mackie
AuntBridget

Post by AuntBridget »

Been awhile since I posted. Thinking it was the 11th of October, and at that point I had 3 no spend days with a goal of 5 no spend days for the month of October.

Well...Unfortunately, I am pretty sure that I have spent something each of those days. Today it was just the $1.25 for a soda, but as we all know, that all adds up.

So I will carry on with my goal of having at least 2 more days this month in which I spend NO money at all.

Tomorrow is laundry day, so I know that will be a spend day. :-(
Aunt Bridget
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

You are doing great Aunt Bridget, any time a person thinks before they spend or remembers what they spend is a move in the right direction.

Today was a no spend day. This brings me to 16 no spend days this month.

Jackie
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I am up to 10 No Spend days as of today. Tomorrow and Thursay are both rummage sale days so will almost certainly both be Spend days. I'm hoping Friday will be No Spend.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Well, unplanned stuff came my way today. We've been using our gas fire every day, something we haven't done much before, and it suddenly occurred to me that we don't have a carbon monoxide detector in the house. So I checked online and found one at Ace Hardware, then drove up the street to the local Ace and bought it. $25 wisely spent, I think.

Edited to add: And the washer has sprung a leak, so I called our friendly local appliance guys to come look at it on Friday. DH helped me move it to clean up the water, and we're running another load to see exactly what makes this happen. I'm suspecting something with the internal hot water line, since it's so far not leaking with a load washed on cold.
Mackie