Awesome August use it up challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Re: Awesome August use it up challenge

Post by alliesmama4 »

Used up some sliced cooked chicken from the freezer by putting it in the last of some BBQ sauce in the fridge. Added a little bit of water to make the sauce stretch and to make the chicken less dry.

Used up 8 oz of cream cheese to make Keto ranch dressing. Using a lot of dried herbs in my cabinet which is good so that when I dry my next batch of home grown herbs I will have fresh for the Fall and winter.

Used 6 eggs... 3 for deviled eggs and 3 for my faux potato salad. Used a bag of frozen cauliflower in my faux potato salad plus 3/4 of a white onion, some dill pickle juice and the last little bit of mayo in a jar. I put the pickle juice in the jar and shake it up to get the last little bit of mayo out.

Used a small can of coffee. Also a large bottle of cream in my coffee.

Trying to use up the last of my gluten free corn meal.. I am phasing grains out of my diet but do no want to throw things away.. Used a cup of gf corn meal and 1 c of gf flour to make corn bread yesterday. Also used up one egg and a cup of milk making it

Used 4 oz of cream cheese and 2 oz of pimento to make pimento cheese spread for use on gf crackers or pork rinds. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

Today I used up the last of my almond milk making and enjoying three iced coffees.

Use up the last of a box of pasta, two tomatoes from the neighbor's garden and a handful of leftover peas and the last of the onion powder making a pasta dish that I had for both lunch and supper.

I am working on using up a small bag of Little Cesare's dog food that I got for just pennies with a store sale and coupon. The dogs don't care for it but the pieces are small enough for cats to eat easily - so the neighborhood strays are enjoying it.

Last week I "deconstructed" my big spider plant and have quite a few tiny ones rooting to make new plants. I paid $4 for the original plant at the Farmer's Market a couple of months ago - and will have several new plants from it.

I reused an empty spray bottle that had contained household cleaner - refilled it with white vinegar to use to spray the kitchen counters and bathroom fixtures before wiping them down.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

My resident squirrel, Dennis the Menace, broke a limb off one of my tomato plants while trying to walk up the tomato plant and a green tomato hit the deck. I decided to make fried green tomatoes I used up one egg, more of my gf flour and gf cornmeal. Did not use all of the tomato since that is too much fat and carbs for me. It was yummy. Saved about 1/3 half of the tomato to make something else with today.

Not sure if I mentioned I save rain water to water most of my plants. I do have to carry water to the earth boxes due to the only way to water them is through a pipe and it is harder to pour water in the pipe with a pan.. I use a one gallon water bottle..Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

An exercise in "making due" today. I came home from work and started making a pizza only to realize I am out of tomato sauce. So I brushed the crust with a little olive oil and sprinkled on some garlic powder, basil and oregano. Then added the cheese, two chopped tomatoes and a diced green pepper. Absolutely delicious! I will make it like this again on purpose!

I used up another (free from neighbor's garden) cucumber for my lunch at work today. I just sliced it and sprinkled with some salt, pepper, and dried Parmesan cheese.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Sheila, your pizza sounds wonderful! As does Janet's green tomato.

I used the last of some frozen shredded cheese and the last of a bottle of dried Italian herbs making cheddar-herb cornbread muffins. Froze the last of a little bowl of blackberries to throw into a smoothie.

Also used the last of a big bottle of coconut Suave shampoo to make liquid hand soap for the kitchen. It makes my scalp itch but doesn't affect my hands.

Drank the last of a jug of almond milk for breakfast. Rinsed out the jug and filled it with water to put in our almost empty chest freezer. Thinking about selling the freezer, as DH and I don't eat that much any more.
Mackie
lennon05

Post by lennon05 »

Shelia, I don't make my own pizza crust, but I sometimes pick up a ready made crust. The crust has some herbs in it. I sprinkle it with cheese, add black olives and onions. I made it like this one day when I was out of pizza sauce and pepperoni.