No Spend November

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Re: No Spend November

Post by alliesmama4 »

Momof2 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:27 pm Janet, I am glad you have a fur baby to keep you company. I have my four (2 cats and 2 rabbits) and they are a great source of company since my kiddos are grown and live in other states. I do have a roommate that hangs out with me when he is not busy with his own thing(s), but it is nice to have fur babies too.

Still doing well and staying within budget. I will go to the store tomorrow and pick up a couple of loss leader items and to the Dollar store to see about some containers to freeze meals in to use us some of the leftovers from Thanksgiving. I have $28.00 to stay within grocery budget for the month, but I do have the money I budgeted for both a stock up for the winter and a little extra for Thanksgiving dinner items if needed. I also did not have to put gas in my car for the upcoming week, so money saved there too and can be used for other things.
I use to have a bunny named Ginger.. She was a lot of fun but had an attitude..When I was a traveling therapist I use to take her with me. It was nice to come home to a warm furry thing. She died from breast cancer when she was 5 years old.
Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Spend: 1

No Spend: 15

Allowable: 4

Slowly but surely reaching for that goal. I know the next two days should be no spend as well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

9 no spend days so far. I am hopeful today Tuesday will be 10.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I did have to buy some grocery items for my Thanksgiving dinner but it was in budget. I had planned on not spending any thing on food until the 24 th but they were allowable and necessary since I will not be having Thanksgiving dinner until Saturday. My niece is a nurse and she has to work on Thanksgiving so her Mom has postponed their Thanksgiving until she and her family can come. The important part is being with family instead of celebrating on the day. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Spend: 1

No Spend: 17

Allowable: 4

Added two more no spend days. Tomorrow will be a spend day, but I am hoping that Friday and Saturday will be more no spend days.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

10 out of 23. Its driving me batty. It's LITTLE stuff - like today, a holiday, you'd think there'd be nothing, right, because I don't do the Christmas shopping after Thanksgiving because I am SO not a crowd person.

But no. $2.23 today. At Walmart (they're open all day, and while I'm kind of glad because otherwise... still, it's THANKSGIVING. CLOSE.)

Otherwise? Otherwise there'd be no pumpkin pie. Because at my age I *still* get sweetened condensed milk instead of evaporated when prepping for the day. Almost every year of my life since I started cooking.

Aldi will get back 6 cans of sweetened condensed milk tomorrow, I have no use for it. (They put it right next to the canned pumpkin. I feel almost like I've been set up...).

So while overall SPENDING is down, even the electric bill rocks this month, the # of days spending has happened is just out of control.