Low Spend/No Spend December

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Re: Low Spend/No Spend December

Post by alliesmama4 »

Did a minor stock up of fresh foods except will need eggs and fresh onions in the near future. I am now in a" no spend zone" until a few days before Christmas. Keeping in budget

Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Today is a no-spend day :D

DH put gas in both cars last night, for whatever greedy reason the $ is back up to $2.15/gallon :shock: But it'll be a little while before we fill up again.

Vacation is coming. All of us and 3 kids who belong to other people, all together, 2 days out, 2 days back, 3-1/2ish days in the middle. I am way too introverted for this.
The extra kids have their own funding for the trip but we're paying for the gas (because we'd be using gas anyway if it were just the 4 of us) and for mutt to stay at dogcare. I can hardly wait (that's sarcasm) to see what the holidays will do to the price of greed - I mean gas - while we cross the US. Van rental, hotel at the event, and the event itself have been prepaid, thank goodness. I'm not sure what I was thinking when we decided we could do this. Probably that we can, LOL, not so much whether my sanity can survive it. I was in a van with only us and 2 extra people for ONE day during the eclipse and the interaction level was so high I slept for 12 hours straight when we got home.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Wednesday was a no spend day.

No spend-5. Half way to my goal. Hooray.
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

I have actually been doing well this month. and I finished christmas shopping in one day! other than fresh eggs and veggies we are good till the end of the year. cj
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Spend Days: 1

Allowable/Low Spend: 4

No Spend: 10

Getting so much closer to those goal no spend days. I hope to have a few more over the coming weeks.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Doing well with the no spending and staying in budget

I have been taking my trash to my brother's house since I moved here in 2005. I do not generate that much trash and it is usually one bag however he no longer lives next door. So I told him to cancel his trash pick up and I will contact them to pick up trash here.. He told me it is paid through May and to continue to use his.. He still owns the property and they are still working on sorting through things. He hopes to finish up when he comes back from Mexico in the Spring. That is a relief since trash pick up here is very expensive. I am going to start to put a few extra dollars away each month to off set the new expense in my budget.. I never seem to get ahead.. just when you think you can something else pops up..lol. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama