No Spending for a Year?

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

No Spending for a Year?

Post by alliesmama4 »

After reading the article on No Spending for a year I was wondering if anyone else would be up to a thread regarding No Spending for 2018? I will allow for certain things that are necessary but no extra spending and making do and using it up. It is sort of like the monthly thing but will be more drastic for me.. I need to cut everything to the bone. I do enjoy reading how everyone else is doing and what they do to save money but for a whole year it will be a bigger challenge for me.

Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
SandiSAHM

Re: No Spending for a Year?

Post by SandiSAHM »

For just me? Sure. I haven't bought myself anything in a while. Socks, I think, last year. I don't need anything, and I find shopping physically painful. I bought those socks on Amazon, LOL.

But for the kids? Can't happen. Still growing. So while I can and will skip it for me, and DH rarely needs anything unless he manages to wear out his shoes, there will be spending on kids' needs. OH... and the dog. She went to the vet again today.

Outside of kid and dog needs, though, 2018 will be the follow-up Year of the Miser around here.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

I am in, I just keep thinking....I have so much and the key for me I think is taking better care of things. Not replacing...or getting tired of things.
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I'll follow but can't say I can't spend. Maybe cut back a bit. I've been thinking I should make my own dog treats.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

SandiSAHM wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:51 pm For just me? Sure. I haven't bought myself anything in a while. Socks, I think, last year. I don't need anything, and I find shopping physically painful. I bought those socks on Amazon, LOL.

But for the kids? Can't happen. Still growing. So while I can and will skip it for me, and DH rarely needs anything unless he manages to wear out his shoes, there will be spending on kids' needs. OH... and the dog. She went to the vet again today.

Outside of kid and dog needs, though, 2018 will be the follow-up Year of the Miser around here.
When I say no spending that does not mean I will not spend any money. I have my doggie nephew living with me and he is an extra expense but I will pay for what he needs.. I am just thinking along the lines of using what you have and make do with what you have or find another way to use things up instead of them just laying around and not being used. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I look forward to reading about this. I want to cheer you all on, but I will be spending this year. Still I hope to learn some new ways of getting by with less. Good luck.