Projects for 2018

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Re: Projects for 2018

Post by Jackielou »

A couple of projects were added this summer

1. Fix wooden settee outside. Which has been done.

2. Fix toilet flushing mechanism. Done.

3. Fix or replace dining room fan/light combo. Will be done today.

4. Clean up and replant perennial bed, and hosta bed.

5. Stain deck and railings. The deck is done and the railings will be done this fall.

The basement is finished. Just a few little decorative touches need to be made. Those will take place over the winter.

Still have a few other things that need doing so hopefully we will get then done before the snow flies.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good luck. It is amazing how many projects we do in a year when we actually list them. Very rewarding. Congrats.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Add in small shed for storage near the house.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Lots of household projects are accomplished with Hubby's help now that he has retired. He has said that he doesn't even want to think about my to-do list because that means he will be pressed into service!!!

We've been tackling the walk-in closets this year with just one more to go. Also, the book culling and donating is done. Now, if we read a book that we want to keep, it goes directly to the shelves downstairs. If the book is not something that we want to keep, it goes into a box for donating to our public library. Period. No more stacks of books all over the place.

Linen closets are a work in progress. I've been keeping old worn bath towels and they will be donated to the local animal shelter as they need them to dry bathed dogs. Good. I will keep some for work around the house but they will be kept in the workroom and not in the linen closets.

We're plugging along and lots of stuff is getting done. yay, me!
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Sprinkler repair and maintenance is being done by me. Also since my yard waste barrels are empty I will be doing some more bush trimming this weekend.

I will be repairing my dining room chairs today.

Mending needs to be done.

Continuing my deep clean of the house and also need to learn how to do more vegan cooking from scratch.

Bev
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Thanks for mentioning mending chairs. I have one to mend. It is sitting in the corner and I forgot about it. :oops: