Starting our 2018 No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: Starting our 2018 No Spend Challenge

Post by Dgflorida »

Good luck in 2019
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:04 am Good luck in 2019
Thanks DG ..
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Had a nice surprise from my utility company. I received my monthly bill on Christmas Eve and they have lowered my budget billing by around $14.00 a month. That money will go in to my savings account.. woo hoo..
Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:44 am Had a nice surprise from my utility company. I received my monthly bill on Christmas Eve and they have lowered my budget billing by around $14.00 a month. That money will go in to my savings account.. woo hoo..
Janet Alliesmama
Wonderful news Janet!!
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I have been reviewing my spend versus no spend days, and I’m close to reaching my goal of 16 no spend days. However I feel like money has been leaking out at an alarming rate, which tells me that I probably out to go back to a cash-grocery-spending system.

My totalsfor December thus far:
Spend: 11? (Not sure if I spent on Dec 15)
No spend: 14

Today, Dec 26, is undecided. I need to go look for white dresses for dd8, otherwise will need to buy fabric & make her one... which I don't want to do right now.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Today is the last spend day for 2018. I had my aide pick up a few stock up items like cheese, eggs, sour cream, and salad things. I am hopefully going to coast through most of January with only buying fresh produce as needed. Eggs at Ruler were .79 cents a doz and today they were .75 cents.

My doggie nephew has turned in to a radish hound! He loves radishes! I buy them at Ruler for .99 cents. They are huge. I cut them in half and then slice thinly. I read that they are ok for dogs on a limited basis. He gets one huge one a day or two medium ones. He is still eating free pupperoni. His Nana in TX had sent some money in the past and I did a stock up with them as an add on from Amazon. Cheaper than any store in our area.

I am making chicken soup and will make butter dumplings later. The cost is so low for the dumplings .12 cents for two eggs and the butter is free from my aide. The flour will only be 12 TBS and I bought the flour on deep discount. The soup also is very inexpensive. I am using 3 meaty chicken thighs (.49 cents a lb), water, celery, onions, and dehydrated carrots from my pantry. Also have used two of my own home grown bay leaves. The kitchen smells amazing and with the above stated ingredients it is very inexpensive and will feed me for days.

I have had some good news from my utility company they are reducing my budget billing by about $14.00 a month. My auto insurance company has sent me an e-mail that they are reducing my premium by 24%. I have Allstate insurance and have one of their Drivewise computers in my car. It allows them to keep a check on how safe of a driver you are and they will decrease your premium according to how safe of a driver you are. The state of IL is allowing me to renew my driver's license for $5.00 only due to my safe driving record. Plus I can do it by mail and do not have to drive to another town and sit in their office for a long period of time to renew it. My brother paid half of my property taxes so it will allow me to start the new year off on a good foot despite having my income reduced by 81.00 per month. Looking forward to the new year with a lot of positive things happening. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama