Starting our 2018 No Spend Challenge

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
gaylejackson2

Re: Starting our 2018 No Spend Challenge

Post by gaylejackson2 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:49 pm Continuing with my February No-spend plans (I want 15 no-spend days):

I did spend on both Friday and Saturday (I was at my knitting retreat on Friday & Saturday and I knew I'd be buying fiber and Yarn), then Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday (today) were no-spend days.

So thus far:
Spend: 8
No-spend: 12

Ordinarily, I'd be spending the day after Tuesday, but I plan to see just how long I can make the milk & bread last, I'm hoping for Thursday at the least. That would give me Wednesday as another no-spend day this week.
I'm a few days behind, so will play catch-up.

I did spend on Thursday and Saturday last week, with Wednesday, Friday and Sunday being no-spend days. Then I spent this morning (just milk & clementines), and I'm hoping that I can hold out until Friday on spending, however that may be difficult as I realized when I got home that we were out of bananas, and almost out of apples (for ds9's favorite after-school snack).

So thus far:
Spend: 11
No spend: 15

I have hit my goal of 15 no-spend days for February, and I'm hoping for the last 2 days of the month to also be no-spend days. :D
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:54 pm
gaylejackson2 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:49 pm Continuing with my February No-spend plans (I want 15 no-spend days):

I did spend on both Friday and Saturday (I was at my knitting retreat on Friday & Saturday and I knew I'd be buying fiber and Yarn), then Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday (today) were no-spend days.

So thus far:
Spend: 8
No-spend: 12

Ordinarily, I'd be spending the day after Tuesday, but I plan to see just how long I can make the milk & bread last, I'm hoping for Thursday at the least. That would give me Wednesday as another no-spend day this week.
I'm a few days behind, so will play catch-up.

I did spend on Thursday and Saturday last week, with Wednesday, Friday and Sunday being no-spend days. Then I spent this morning (just milk & clementines), and I'm hoping that I can hold out until Friday on spending, however that may be difficult as I realized when I got home that we were out of bananas, and almost out of apples (for ds9's favorite after-school snack).

So thus far:
Spend: 11
No spend: 15

I have hit my goal of 15 no-spend days for February, and I'm hoping for the last 2 days of the month to also be no-spend days. :D
Gayle good job.. Do not know how you manage thing as well as you do..

Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:11 pm Gayle good job.. Do not know how you manage thing as well as you do..

Janet Alliesmama
Thanks for the compliment Janet. :) I just do the best I can.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good job Gayle.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Another month soon to be behind us for 2018. I did go a little bit over budget for my food but took good advantage of a lot of food sales. So my plan is to see how far I can stretch the food and save my food budget money to go towards buying seeds and garden things.. I figure they will eventually be food so the money can go towards setting up my garden. Otherwise most of my budget was right on target or I saved a few pennies to a few dollars in various areas. I did buy a few extra things not planned on but they came out of my slush fund and not all the much ie baby clothes for doggie nephew to keep him warm and a lovely comforter, "new to me", from Good Will to keep me warm. The only problem was I had to buy extra gigabytes to the tune of $20.00. That was a gross error on my part. I get too involved in watching You Tube videos or things on Facebook. I have limited gigabytes due to having satellite internet. I can upgrade but it is actually cheaper to try to stay on the level where I am and buy the extra gigabytes. Need to put a harness on my curiosity...lol. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I know what you mean Janet. I can spend too much time on the internet. I do learn new things almost every day, but I feel guilty that I am not being more productive.