No waste in January 2018

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Re: No waste in January 2018

Post by Jackielou »

My use it ups for the last couple of days.

Used up some light pink yarn knitting another pair of socks.

Used up the bagels yesterday for my lunch.

Used up the container of leftover turkey soup for supper tonight (enough left for lunch for me tomorrow, or lunch for hubby).
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Use it ups over the last few days.

Used up the shampoo that I added some water to. Feel great about getting the last little bit out.

Used up the leftover pork making a stir fry last night for our supper.

Used up those bits and bobs of veggies from the crisper while making the stir fry.

Used up the remaining egg salad at lunch today.

Hubby did some refashioning. His Saskatchewan Roughrider football team stool kind of fell apart. Today he took the old dart board, pulled out all the wires that separate the areas and screwed it to the base of the stool. Perfect height for a foot stool in his man cave. Next he took the comfy seat from the football team stool and fashioned a simple wooden stool underneath. Now he has his stool for doing wood work once again and best yet there was not a single penny spent.
Jackie
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

That is great Jackielou.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Wow, it's been awhile since I posted.

Lets see if I can remember everything I used up.

Used up more yarn knitting socks, and I have used up another cake working on the scarf or shawl (it will be one or the other depending on it's length when this second cake is gone).

Used up some more hand lotion.

Used up the last of the cabbage making lazy cabbage rolls last night (leftovers of that but one portion will be eaten tomorrow, one portion goes to youngest DS and one portion will be froze and eaten at a later date).

Used up a package of frozen turkey making the turkey tetrazzini tonight. It's a big one so will freeze some to be eaten later, and do up a portion for youngest DS.
Jackie
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Called the phone company again this month to make them take the 5.00 discount off my bill, 3rd month of having to do this but if I don't, It amounts to 60.00 a year.

Used the last of the cornmeal to make cornbread instead of making the Jiffy mix cornbread dad thinks he prefers (yuck)

Used the leftover stale bread and cracked eggs to make his bread pudding

Used the leftover pinto beans to make chili, so good and I can spice it up to our satisfaction.

Removed a clog in the kitchen sink with what I had on hand.....might have posted this before, if so ....sorry

Used leftover steak to make steak strips in brown gravy with noodles

talked to dads health insurance company, they give 40.00 worth of OTC Meds once a quarter....he had been throwing the info away....sigh... anywoo, got him Colace and Vitamins ordered and told him do not throw any insurance stuff away until I see it. This is why my mom always took care of mail and paperwork. If it looks like an advert to him, he just tosses it

Frugal fail, tried a given to me gluten free pizza mix....horrible, nasty thing it went to the chickens as a hot meal of bread.

JCKitty