Sandi's 2018 Miserly Minimal Expense Journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
SandiSAHM

Re: Sandi's 2018 Miserly Minimal Expense Journal

Post by SandiSAHM »

Today will be 4 out of 14. 28.57%

Had to buy the boy 2 pairs of shoes yesterday. He's two sizes up from his dad in dress shoes and a size and a half in sneakers. He's only 13. It's funny his feet are so long, he's a beanpole. This is the kid who was a picky eater from birth. I was soooo looking forward to the days of growth spurts so he'd eat more and of more variety. DOES HE? Eat more? Yes. More variety? Not so much. It's interesting, he can tell you exactly what's in something and cite that as the reason he doesn't like it. He's not a fan of rosemary, cumin, curry... And it's stuff you have to concentrate to 'find' - I barely tasted cumin the last time he found it, but it's like a cumin explosion to him, apparently. He likes what I consider to be bland food.

Bleh. I guess there's still hope he'll grow out of it, I didn't even like mushrooms 'til my late teens.

He'll eat them raw, never cooked. :roll:
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Today will be 6 out of 21... 28.5%

Zillow sent me a "report" yesterday saying the market here is "cool." Yeah, I had kinda noticed that, thanks.

Today we have dinner guests :D Some sisters we know who went off to work their way through school are back for 5 days and we are so excited to see them. Sweetest people you could hope to know.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

aaaaaaaaaand....

Convo with the builder. Turns out he's not taking his time intentionally, he got confused. He thought we were aiming for August, not June.

What the stack of bricks?!? :o

But I'm looking at it as a total blessing, more time to unload this one!!

There I thought he'd be pressuring us, hopefully we'll end up pressuring him. But still not going beyond the end of our lock. Why is there no praying emoji? I need one!
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Sorry to hear the market is cool. Good luck.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Today is 6 out of 24... 25%

It's always something :lol:

It's not my 52-year old imagination, is it? That nothing lasts as long as it used to? I was reading up on renting housing - there's a 5-year depreciation for appliances. Five years? Okay, renters might not put in the cleaning and care that owners would, but FIVE YEARS? Then I remember that I've put 2 new motherboards in my refrigerator and have already replaced a less than 3-year old microwave (both Whirlpool) because the part it needed was more expensive than just replacing it and... yeah, if you get five years you can probably count yourself blessed in the appliance realm.

My old frig was over 25 when it got a little glitchy, and my washing machine was near 30 (it did get a new assembly behind the knob once but that was cheap & easy to install). Nothing lasts that long any more. Which is SO not environmentally sound. But hey, who cares about the planet if you're making money, right? :roll:
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

True.