Sandi's 2018 Miserly Minimal Expense Journal

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: Sandi's 2018 Miserly Minimal Expense Journal

Post by Dgflorida » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:14 am

Sorry your car is having problems.

SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:16 am

The car: c'est la vie.

It's fixed (again), no cost for the 2nd round, the tech should have noticed and corrected the shaking pronto and, as he did not, they fixed it for free and I'm running around in a loaner Rav4 that has 320 miles on it.

I drive sedans (and I can drive DH's little Prius C without too much trouble, though man that ride is bumpy!) for a reason, I like being low and being able to, within reason, feel what's going on with the road. I do not enjoy a higher center of gravity on a vehicle. This little toy of theirs is cute and all and DH pointed out the HUGE cave-like storage space in the back, but, no. If my Camry ever truly dies the choice will be between a standard Prius and a hybrid Camry based on comfort/road noise/smoothness of the drive.

They made a Camry wagon-style for the shortest bit of time... by the time I noticed it's existence (I forget what they called the model) they stopped making it. That, if they ever bring that back as a hybrid, that would be neat.

But even that would have to wait 'til I'm done with this one and as it turns out I haven't hit 100k yet (? I could have sworn...) and since I usually get around 250-300k on a Toyota if DH doesn't wreck it, with my current less than 12k miles per year lifestyle, this is the car I'll drive until I just don't drive at all. My vision will nix even day driving sometime in the next 10-15 years. So DH said "give it to DD and..." Honestly, men and cars. What the hey.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:07 pm

SandiSAHM wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:16 am
The car: c'est la vie.

It's fixed (again), no cost for the 2nd round, the tech should have noticed and corrected the shaking pronto and, as he did not, they fixed it for free and I'm running around in a loaner Rav4 that has 320 miles on it.

I drive sedans (and I can drive DH's little Prius C without too much trouble, though man that ride is bumpy!) for a reason, I like being low and being able to, within reason, feel what's going on with the road. I do not enjoy a higher center of gravity on a vehicle. This little toy of theirs is cute and all and DH pointed out the HUGE cave-like storage space in the back, but, no. If my Camry ever truly dies the choice will be between a standard Prius and a hybrid Camry based on comfort/road noise/smoothness of the drive.

They made a Camry wagon-style for the shortest bit of time... by the time I noticed it's existence (I forget what they called the model) they stopped making it. That, if they ever bring that back as a hybrid, that would be neat.

But even that would have to wait 'til I'm done with this one and as it turns out I haven't hit 100k yet (? I could have sworn...) and since I usually get around 250-300k on a Toyota if DH doesn't wreck it, with my current less than 12k miles per year lifestyle, this is the car I'll drive until I just don't drive at all. My vision will nix even day driving sometime in the next 10-15 years. So DH said "give it to DD and..." Honestly, men and cars. What the hey.
Sandi good to hear you are getting your car fixed for free. Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:36 pm

Just the shaking was free, and it's funny, because if they had CAUGHT IT, and called and said, "hey, you need some carbon build up cleaned off the throttle body, it'll be $..." I'd have said, "Okay."

Having not caught it, though, they got to clean it and tweak the associated computer... stuff that's way over my head.... without charging me.

Sales $$$ in the service department were lost. If I were in charge of the service department, I would NOT be a happy camper.

But I was in there today and, nice as those people are... they need some organizing. The way they've redesigned the service area is a nightmare. But watching stuff go through the bays, it's not like they lack volume.

Alas, not my problem :D

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:30 pm

Sandi I posted the gf English Muffin recipe in the recipe section.

Janet Alliesmama
Janet Alliesmama

SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:41 pm

Outside of the fact that the car runs like a dream...

I have nothing good to report.

Oh, yes, I do! The weather has been great. Cooler than usual for OK, and when it has rained it hasn't been accompanied by fast swirling wind, thunder, lightning, and the need to watch the storm tracker.

Temps are going up this week though. Too bad, but as DH has pointed out, it's technically still summer.

I even figured out how to only grocery & gas shop once a week :D